New... in AZ, USA

by lilypadaz 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• lilypadaz
    lilypadaz

I haven't been inside a kingdom hall in years. I wasn't DF'd or DA'd, just faded away...so to speak. But I haven't been totally free from the clutches of this organization because my husband is in it. He doesn't talk to me about anything he considers "spiritual", which is very frustrating because I have this urge to show him how foolish WT teachings are. When I did manage to message him on facebook, trying to present common sense info which showed, light-as-day the WT lies....he just ignores them. Like he didn't even read my messages. (I just keep on messaging, like he reads them!) And when I tell him in person, he either ignores or turns everything into a joke. He DID GIVE our daughter THE CHOICE not to get baptized as a child, and once she turned 18...he even agreed to stop the mandatory studies with her. I was truly thankful for that. He himself stopped regular meeting attendance and field service due to an illness. But it irks me that this elder and his wife seem to have made it their mission to make sure that my husband is kept on the loop with congregation matters. It's totally annoying! And when my husband's health condition went south that he had to go to hospital, so many of them turned up...reminding him about no blood, no blood, no blood! They even thought that they had the right to call "brothers" in another city where we thought my husband was going to be air evac'd. One elder called it a "welcome committee", but I knew they were members of the hospital liaison. This was when I put my foot down and told them to stop...they were stressing me out, and that I did not need nor want any welcome committee, if we did go to that hospital. That in fact, I felt they were intruding in purely personal, family matters...and as friends they can offer support but at a distance. Thankfully, my husband got better and did not have to be air evac'd. I don't know if my speech achieved anything since I haven't seen them in a while...or if my hubby just told them to just come to our home when I'm at work. Except for JW (superficial) friends, my husband will not really miss anybody from the kingdom hall if he decides to leave WTS. Only his mother and brother are in it. I'm sure his mother will eventually come out with him, when he does. And he doesn't have a real relationship with his self-centered, alcoholic brother. I remind him all the time that everyone who really loves him (his wife, daughters, grand-daughter, his sister, cousins and other extended family, friends)...we are all outside of the WTS...and we're all waiting for him to come out of that org. Anyway, thanks for listening...I'm just really frustrated. I wish my hubby could see what's so blatantly obvious about WT lies and foollish teachings...Thank you for listening to me. I am new here and this is my first original post. I appreciate everyone's time....thanks!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome lilypadaz and thank you for your introduction. Have you read Steve Hassan's books (e.g., "Combatting Cult Mind Control") and Raymond Franz's books (e.g., "Crisis of Conscience")? Steve Hassan's books will help you deal with JWs in cult mode. Raymond Franz's books will help you to ask your husband questions that will hopefully get your husband to question the WTBTS doctrines. It is better to ask your husband questions than confront your husband, until your husband has doubts.

By the way Lilypadaz with the WTBTS' changes in doctrines from the "1914 the Generation that will not pass" to the "Overlapping Generation", is your husband trying to actively build up your retirement assets? If the WTBTS' doctrine changes the timing of the Apocalypse to be sometime between now and 2114, won't you and your husband need to build-up your retirement assets so that you are not destitute during your retirement? Talking about your retirement planning should be a family matter more than a spiritual matter, and may make your husband question the WTBTS' doctrinal changes.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome Home.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello

thanks for joining and posting.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Lilypadaz. Welcome to the forum.

.... I have this urge to show him how foolish WT teachings are .

Learn to resist the urge.

You have to learn how to get him to think for himself. Giving him the answers on a platter just doesn't work.

How you make a point is more important than the information itself.

Stick around and learn from other's mistakes and successes.

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome!!

My wife and I message on facebook - even when in the same room! It's usually her asking for a cup of tea and me ignoring here ;-).

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome! I hope he sees the light soon!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome.

As far as your husband goes, he will leave, IF he leaves, in his own time. We all do. But you were right for standing up for your family when the elders tried to interfere. "Welcoming committee" my foot!

Hang in there!

• lilypadaz
    lilypadaz

Thanks everyone! ;) @ABibleStudent: Yes, I've read Raymond F's books (Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom), but not Hassan's... I intend to.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Glad to have you here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit