Whenever a newbie signs on...

by satinka 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

18 months ago i heard my (now) 35 year old son had been DF'd.

i.d been shunned by my family for many years---i was very concerned for him because of the shunning he would get-& the loss of friends.

so--using the net (quite new to me)---i started looking at ex jw sites--i had no idea they existed. after a while i joined here.

i found my son through Facebook---we chat a bit on there--& he suggested a meet up next time hes in my area--i live on an island off the coast of GB.

my son is doing OK in life--has a new partner--home & job: he also maintains regular contact with his 2 kids---obviously not wanting to go through the same as i did. i met his ex wife once. a rabid JW fanatic--he is SO much better off now.

ironically his born-in jw mother (my first wife) shuns him totally---her own flesh and blood.

dont you just love that religion.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, my heart skips a beat, because I'm happy that so many people are learning the truth about the "truth".Whenever a newbie signs on...

...an angel gets his/her wings!

LOL, Billy, I thought the same thing. Great minds think alike.

Welcome dilen89!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Santika,

Is that you? I'm your cousin...Benny. let's have a good family hug, now...How have you been?

• satinka
    satinka

Wow, another thread that I didn’t see after being away from the site for way too long! Thanks to everyone for your lovely replies. Now that I have re-discovered this thread, it’s high time I responded, don’t you think?
    First off, I haven’t found any missing relatives on this board, but I have none-the-less made some new friends here. I made friends with a couple of local folks, but they would have to speak up and identify themselves. I have gotten together with several people for coffee and even went to a meet-up in the distant past. Probably around the first or second year that I moved to B.C., when I was known as ESTEE. I moved here in 2003. It was a very good move where I could make a new life for myself after beingstalked, slandered and df'd.

The quote thingy doesn't work today, so I'll highlight your comments in yellow.

Heaven wrote:

I do often wonder if one day one of my cousins will join.

I have cousins who I lost touch with after leaving the jws and moving away from Manitoba. But, I have since found them on Facebook when my brother died. We are now re-acquainting ourselves. I appreciate those cousins very much! Thankfully when they grew up and left home they did not embrace the JW religion! Good on them!

Snowbird wrote:

I love to see "Hello, I'm New Here." Sweet words. Syl

For sure those are sweet words. Another escapee from the cult is always cause for joy!

AwareBeing wrote:

Any time a mislead victim becomes aware of the methods of manipulation, and is able to flee from abusers is a happy day for both them and us.

Happy day, for sure! Makes my heart rejoice, just like the scripture says!

Billy the Ex-Bethelite wrote:

Whenever a newbie signs on...an angel gets his/her wings!

Lovely words, Billy the Ex-Bethelite! Ones I agree with whole-heartedly!

Found Sheep wrote:

Mine skips a beat too. And I love to read there story and figure out if i know them. So far no one yet

Same here, but we just never know when something like that might happen!

Designs wrote:

Remember that feeling when you were a kid of running over grassy hills in a park, its kinda like that

LOL!!! Are you another one of those hopeless romantics? Or a hapless romantic? Never quite sure which one I am, hopeless or hapless!

Mad Sweeney wrote:

I always try to figure out if I know them, too.

I think it must be kind of natural to wonder if we might know them. The JW organization has become kind of like the big biblical Exodus from Egypt, NO???

Witness My Fury wrote:

Lots of ‘em lately and I’m happy about that

Yes, lots of happiness on this board lately. I hope clarity joins this thread. She keeps a running tab on the newbies arriving here! I’d love to hear her insights!

ABibleStudent wrote:

I am always sad to hear newbies’ stories, and hope that I write something that will make it easier for them to live a happy and productive life.

For sure, I believe that leaving the religion will naturally result in a happier and more productive life! How can it NOT once a person begins using their own self-directed abilities instead of turning over their free will to old men who barely know them!

Ding wrote:

We have been getting a lot of newbies recently. Any newbies want to tell us why you decided to come on NOW? Was it something the WTS recently did or said, or was it just a personal matter?

Yes, it is very interesting to find out what particularly was the tipping point that motivated the arrival of the new members. I love hearing their stories.

Vampire DCLXV wrote:

...I've only ever known complete strangers here and I have made completely new friends that I've never known before. Enjoy the new acquaintances and new friends that you can make here. Don't worry about anyone you have known before. There is that universal tie that binds us all and that's why we're here...

Yes, me too. All new friends since leaving. And I believe you are right about the universal tie that binds us all. What a large army!

Found Sheep wrote:

It’s crazy Vampire man but you are right. I’ve known probably 1,000 or more JW’s in my life. I was around the big Bethel family yet have not met one ex-jw here that I knew. yet thousands of people have looked at this site. ex-jw is bigger then we know it!

I wonder how many members this site really has. And the site is growing all the time. Kind of brings a new meaning to the term, “Many will rove about and the truth will become abundant!” ;) Wouldn’t you say?

Dillen89 wrote:

I am new here and just looking to make some new friends and help those who have just gotten out of the WTS religion. I am here to help those who have just gotten out of the religion so they can move on after they've suffered from spritual abuse. I am here to help if you need someone to talk to about things...email me any time. :)

Thanks for your invitation for newbies to contact you, dillen89. I believe many folks on this board are open to helping others. In fact, our generous nature is likely one of the reasons we became caught in the cult in the first place.

Below are several success stories in a row about reconnecting with people they knew from the past!

MrMonroe wrote:

Not a new member, but I discovered recently that I was once in the same congregation as relatives of Hopscotch, and that I've almost certainly met her as well many years ago. It provides a bit of a buzz. I also spent five years in the same congo as Sizemik some years ago, so catching up (online) after all that time was good. But I, too, hope that I'll bump into more people here who have woken up and got out of that crazy whacked religion.

and

Mickey mouse wrote:

I’ve come across a few people I know here.

and

Aussie Oz wrote:

Yes i have found past friends and associates here...
    I still hope to find one in particular... female who left south aust for canberra, come in!
    i hope one day my kids will be here...but i dread them finding threads of mine talking about their journey and my worries.

and

Quandry wrote:

It does happen. I read a "story" by a new poster, and something sounded familiar..I PM'd him, and turns out knew him and his family very well. He is the only one of his family that is out, but so happy for him.

And

Bigmac wrote:

i found my son through Facebook---we chat a bit on there--& he suggested a meet up next time hes in my area--i live on an island off the coast of GB. my son is doing OK in life--has a new partner--home & job: he also maintains regular contact with his 2 kids---obviously not wanting to go through the same as i did. i met his ex wife once. a rabid JW fanatic--he is SO much better off now. ironically his born-in jw mother (my first wife) shuns him totally---her own flesh and blood. dont you just love that religion.

MrMonroe, Mickey mouse, Aussie Oz, Quandry and bigmac had successful re-acquainting stories to share! Wow, people really do re-connect here! I suppose the internet helps our world to become a smaller place just because of the ease of communicating over long distances. I wish my mom could have had a support forum like this one when she left the jws. She might not have gone back like she did. I mean, we just know so much more now that we have this forum to spread our own personal truth --- what is relevant to us personally!

Jamiebowers wrote:

Yes, my heart skips a beat, because I'm happy that so many people are learning the truth about the "truth".Whenever a newbie signs on...

Warms the heart doesn’t it?

Quarterback wrote:

Satinka, Is that you? I’m your cousin,..Benny. let’s have a good family hug, now...How have you been?

LOL!!!

Thanks for all your responses! Clarity, I wondered if you had anything to add, since you have kind of been keeping a running tab of newbies to the forum. I'd love to hear from you.

satinka

• whathappened
    whathappened

Love the newbies! Wish there were several every day...some days there are!

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Satinka ...just tuned in! haha.

Oh boy keeping track of all the Newbies is something else!

>

Through the years many have tried to come up with a rate

of influx, the number per month & a time of year when newbies

show up the most!! Again ...hahaha.

>

Likeabird posted on my last N thread & reported recording 500

newbies in 150 days (pretty sure that was the #) I'll check again(?)

>

As far as my first two newbie threads, this was the result-->

>

OK, here are the results of our Newbies ...

Comparing the first LAATP post.

#1... 12 mth period f rom April 30 2011 to April 30 2012 =

235 Newbies counted(missed a few)

>235 divided by 12mths = 19 1/2 newbies per month.

( half a newbie?)lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------

>

On this LAATP post.

#2 ... 4 mth period from October 2012 to January 31 2013 =

>

93 Newbies counted(missed a few)

>

93 divided by 4 mths = 23 Newbies per month(averaged)

with the most active month of all being January 2013!!!!!!!!

>

So looks like, to me anyhow, that the rate of wt escapees

IS INCREASING!

>

The 3rd newbie thread was over a two mth period,

recording approx 160 newbies, so about 26 Newbies/mth!

>

Very hard to pin it down exactly... far from it actually, there

are so many variables........what we do know, is that WT is losing

its grip, and a flood of very precious, waking-up people are

fleeing that religious prison.

clarity ...did another bell just ring ........

• clarity
    clarity

Now here are stats for newbies that Likeabird recorded,

>

"I managed to do 25 pages and now have 500 members entered. I did a little chart on paper for these guys alone and I've got members for every month since September 2000 except except 18. Not bad out of 150 months. Let's see how it goes - I've got plenty of other stuff I should be getting on with.

Oh, and HereI had this idea to start a thread called ''s a let's introduce ourselves to the newbies thread'just to give the newbies an idea of who we all are in a few lines. What do you think?

And to finish, I'm very pleased to introduce you to...AMO...he might be wanting a little welcome too...

A splendid day to you Clarity and all you newbies and everyone else (of course)!

Likeabird"

>

I do like this idea that Likeabird has ...maybe Likeabird

will appear here & get it going! :-)

All the best all ways to everybody & a Merry Xmas &

a Happy New Year too!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit