Whenever a newbie signs on...

by satinka 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Lots of 'em lately and I'm happy about that..

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I am always sad to hear newbies' stories, and hope that I write something that will make it easier for them to recover and live a happy and productive life.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Ding
    Ding

We have been getting a lot of newbies recently.

Any newbies want to tell us why you decided to come on NOW?

Was it something the WTS recently did or said, or was it just a personal matter?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

It's always nice to see newbies here but hardly any of them stick around for very long. I don't think about the possibility of my having known them personally before; not at all. The odds of that are quite minuscule, if not infinitesimal, IMHO. I haven't seen one newbie here that I've ever known *before* IRL, by any kind of pure chance, and I highly doubt I ever will. Even the odds of any two posters here mutually knowing someone else IRL are still pretty small, even though it is something I have seen. I've only ever known complete strangers here and I have made completely new friends that I've never known before.

Enjoy the new acquaintances and new friends that you can make here. Don't worry about anyone you have known before. There is that universal tie that binds us all and that's why we're here...

V665V665

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

it's crazy Vampire man but you are right. I've known probably 1,000's or more JW's in my life. I was around the big Bethel family yet have not met one ex-jw here that I knew. yet thousands of people have looked at this site. ex-jw is bigger then we know it!

• dillen89
    dillen89

Hi, I am new here and just looking to make some new friends and help those who have just gotten out of the WTS religion. I am here to help those who have just gotten out of the religion so they can move on after they've suffered from spritual abuse. I am here to help if you need someone to talk to about things...email me any time. :)

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Not a new member, but I discovered recently that I was once in the same congregation as relatives of Hopscotch, and that I've almost certainly met her as well many years ago. It provides a bit of a buzz.

I also spent five years in the same congo as Sizemik some years ago, so catching up (online) after all that time was good.

But I, too, hope that I'll bump into more people here who have woken up and got out of that crazy whacked religion.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've come across a few people I know here.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Yes i have found past friends and associates here...

I still hope to find one in particular... female who left south aust for canberra, come in!

i hope one day my kids will be here...but i dread them finding threads of mine talking about their journey and my worries.

oz

• Quandry
    Quandry

It does happen. I read a "story" by a new poster, and something sounded familiar..I PM'd him, and turns out knew him and his family very well. He is the only one of his family that is out, but so happy for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit