Baby Girl Gone to the Convention

by snowbird 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

You're giving me a very strong mental image there...I definitely know the type! I remember seeing sisters like that at lunchtime. Usually they'd have on their sunshades and be walking with a friend or two, all prettier-than-thou and stuff. I tried to figure out how one could ever get past that girl-on-a-pedestal look.

Guess I was never very smart when it came to women and social skills and so on. Ladies like that were why I'd stay in my seat at lunchtime and write in my journal. It was easier to avoid any disturbances in the Force that way...

--sd-7

• snowbird
    snowbird

SD-7, that's my daughter to a T.

Very intelligent, attractive, and quite stand-offish.

Little heifer!

Syl

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah, me too... lol (edited: I was responding here to syl's comment about remembering those times.)

Once I became an adult I realized that the reason I felt so good after the conventions was not because I had been so uplifted.

I was relieved it was over. I always hated crowds.

Here's to being out...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cheers!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm also hoping that no one passes out from the extreme heat.

IT IS SO VERY HOT!!!

Syl

• sd-7
    sd-7

Indeed. I'm glad I never had to attend in one of those open stadiums in my lifetime. I believe this year, even my wife's not going. Just cancelled the reservation last night. Spectacular!

Also, I'm glad I don't have to worry about seeing anyone I know there. As the great Strong Bad once said, "It's over!!!"

--sd-7

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Imagine if you had to go when it was a week long for 8hrs a day!!!!...JAYSUS!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Well, my goodness!

I HOPE that's not what's happening down there at the convention site!

Mercy!

LOL.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Day number two for her, also ...

LOL.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit