Please post a comment on this assembly article in Fl paper

by outofservice 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Walt Whitman
    Walt Whitman

Since the reporter has gone home for the day, I called the evening editor -- Jeff Trudeen at 352-374-5044. (I live in California.) I told him it was a one-sided puff piece; literally a valentine for the WTS. He told me there wasn't the time or resources to do an article with any research. Quick and dirty -- yet, pretty, and out the door.

I told him all it would take to be more objective and even-handed in writing this story was one call to WT Brooklyn or Wallkill, NY and ask if there had been any lawsuits against them or JWs for pedophilia. He told me again that the paper didn't have the time. When asked if he didn't care about balanced and fair reporting, he reiterated they didn't have the time.

I left a comment at the end of the article.

• outofservice
    outofservice

Thank You all so much. This is where I grew up and these are the most self righteous, stuck-up witnesess I have known. This is the second or third year this paper has run an article glorifying them and the assembly. I wonder if the writer or editor is some how associated.

Any way thanks again for all your help.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Journalism is dead. Has been for some time. No wonder so few read print material anymore. If you "don't have time" to produce substantial work, we "don't have time" to read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit