Please give me your ideas to beat the cost of internet/phone/cable package...

by FlyingHighNow 36 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Damn Comcast just raised my bundle to $171.99 for the three. Not only can I not afford this, I am not going to support these crooks anymore.

Please tell me how you beat them and the pros and cons of your ideas.

I am thanking you in advance and will be forever beholdend to you. I know we have had threads like this in the past, but technology marches on and maybe there are new things to use these days.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, I live on the bottom floor of a three story building and my apartment is partly submerged in the earth. Reception may be a problem, so I need ideas on the antenna situation.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Connect your wires to your neighbours' and use their phone and cable.

• dgp
    dgp

http://frugaldad.com/ has many ideas on how to save (and being "frugal, not cheap"):

Six strategies to reduce your technology bills, which contains tips for cable and internet:

http://frugaldad.com/2008/11/29/reduce-your-technology-bills/

• flipper
    flipper

FHN- Good question. I don't know HOW we can beat it. We have Comcast Internet/cable and it costs about 110.00 per month . WE don't have Comcast phone service - I have Verizon Wireless unlimited which costs me about $80.00 for my business. My wife has AT & T for our home phone which runs her and me about $60.00 to $70.00 per month. It was worse when I had Sprint- I was paying $130.00 per month for my business phone. I'm saving $ 50.00 per month when I switched to Verizon.

So we are paying about the same as you all combined. I don't know of ANY easy solution. So I guess I was as much help to you as tits on a boar hog, eh ? Good luck. Hope somone else can give you some money saving tips

• undercover
    undercover

Give me a month or so and I'll give ya a review on AT&T's U-verse.

Giving up on TimeWarner. They're so behind in technology...when what they do have even works.

• snowbird
    snowbird

AT &T's bundle.

Works pretty good for me.

Syl

• carla
    carla

Magic Jack for phone service? Anyone try it?

• snowbird
  • Robert7
    Robert7

For home service I use the VOIP service PhonePower (www.phonepower.com). Service has been excellent,and I prepaid for 2 years which ended up being about $8/month for unlimited in US and Canada. Even better, just get an unlimited cell phone plan and drop the home line.

For cable, I think Dish Network has the best value right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit