Any apostates in LA?

by Velour 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Velour
    Velour

Heyo!

Just moved to LA from Austin, Texas and I'm looking for my people ^-^ Is anyone here in LA? I'm specifically in Hollywood. I'd love to meet up for coffee or drinks or something. Thanks =)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Los Angeles, Louisiana, or Lower Alabama? I've been to Lower Alabama.

Skeeter

• Velour
    Velour

Ha! Skeet Skeet!

I'm in Los Angeles ^_^

• DNCall
    DNCall

DNCall, Santa Monica.

• noontide
    noontide

I'm not in LA, but in Orange County (about 25 miles drive from LA). I rarely go to LA, but I'll send you a message if I'm ever around the area. Also, if you are ever in The OC send me a message, would be fun to meet up.

By the way, why would you ever leave Austin? I've never been there but I hear it's an awesome place, people seem to love the atmosphere in Austin. Don't know how you feel about LA, but I hate it. It's polluted, dirty, bad traffic, takes forever to get around. Augh!!! Not an LA fan here. From Austin to LA? Seriously? ;-) Make your way to Orange County Velour.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm in the Long Beach area. We have quite a few in the LA area, but have been a bit lax at organizing meetups. But we are here.

(Waves to DNCall!!! REally, we must get together soon!! We have some catching up to do. xx)

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Here's a link to a great group in LA and Orange County. Quite active. Also has links to San Diego area group.

http://exjwslosangeles.org/

JV

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm in Orange County and like Noontide rarely venture in to LA even though it is close. This week I met CyberJesus for lunch in OC. We've met several times and we plan on doing it on a regular basis so let us know if you (or anyone else on this forum) are interested in joining us.

• Velour
    Velour

Noontide- I'll definitely shoot you a message when I'm near you. 25 mile drive isn't too far away and if we made advanced plans it would be cool to meet up. As far as why I'm here from Austin- I f****in' love Austin, especially after reading that a packaging-free bulk foods grocery store is opening up in my old hood (this bit of news is still on my mind). That place just gets better and better! I became a human being in Austin and at some point in my life I plan to go back home. I'm here because a wonderful friend called me up and asked me to be with him here in LA. So, with his love and patience and support I'm out here getting set to get an education. I'm a Texas girl born and raised and I'm excited to be outside of the Lone Star State for a while. I'm getting used to LA, it's rough though. I think as long as I have good people in my life I can find happiness in most cities, so that's what I'm working on =)

Dagney- Please let me know when a meetup is arranged =)

JV- Thank you for the link. I look forward to exploring that site more ^-^

I quit!- I'm totally interested in lunch sometime.

• Velour
    Velour

DNCall- How far is Santa Monic from LA? Is it close enough to meet up and hang out some time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit