Where the GB gets their info....

by RagingBull 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Okay...so in the "Revelation - Its Grand Climax At Hand!" book, at the end of page 124 to 125...there is mention of "resurrected ones" of the annointed class/24 Elders that may be the ones communicating information to the Governing Body.

1. Thought we were not to communicate with the spirit realm (scriptural)

2. does the "may be" mean that they don't even know, really, who's communicating with them?

Its funny how I never paid attention to that before when we studied it as a group, but I must say...I admit that I was brainwashed. No doubt about it. Now that my mind is open and my eyes see....its amazing how much I/we overlooked. WTF?Indeed!

• cantleave
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, RB:

Am looking up some older posts on this. Disturbing, indeed.

Back later ...

CoCo

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I was like "How da hell did I miss this!!?"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Is this what you mean?

Rev Climax chapt 20 par 17

17 From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. “And in response one of the elders said to me: ‘These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?’ So right away I said to him: ‘My lord, you are the one that knows.’” (Revelation 7:13, 14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think the point bears repeating. The GB supposedly approves publications and their wordings. By saying "may be involved" they might as well say "are NOT involved" because if they WERE involved they could just say they "ARE involved." That they don't come out and say that they ARE, the conclusion is that they are NOT.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Yeah, but there's a suggestion. Also they've never really said HOW they get this information they dole out. They say "HOLY SPIRIT", but I want to know the "HOW" (dreams, visions, etc.) They've spat wrong info, thus their source must not be the "HOLY SPIRIT" by God.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They pretty much get their information from older WT publications. It's as if they are able to speak to Freddie from beyond the grave by rereading his false prophecies from decades ago, doing a little rewording and dumbing down, then trotting it out as "abundant spiritual food".

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

And don't forget "new light" from the Legal Dept. either!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

And more recently:

w07 1/1 p. 28 pars. 10-11 "The First Resurrection"-Now Under Way

The identity of that great crowd is revealed to John by one of the 24 elders, and these elders represent the 144,000 joint heirs with Christ in their heavenly glory. (Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 4:4) John himself had a heavenly hope; but since he was still a man on earth when the elder spoke to him, in the vision John must represent anointed ones on earth who have not yet received their heavenly reward.

11 What, then, can we deduce from the fact that one of the 24 elders identifies the great crowd to John? It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit