Ten Years ago today . . .

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I never would have suuspect this board would do so much for me. When I registered I had been out of the WTS for about 15 years. The first 10 years I remained a true believer. Then I got on the internet and started reading. I was floored. I could not believe what I was reading. Like many of you I didn't want to believe it. For over 30 years this business company had controlled so much of my life and almost sent me to the edge of suicide.

I looked for proof the things I read on the internet were wrong. When I couldn't deny the evidence that was so well researched I started looking for answers to the "Why do they do it?" I was angy that it came down to money. There were 2 crucial things that helped me realize that money was at the bottom of it all.

The Mexico/Malawi double standard was the first. While we were being told to write letters to everyone about the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Malawi the Witnesses in Mexico were not calling themselves a religion because the government required ownership of all religious property. So Witnesses there bribed officials to get cards saying they had served their mandatory time in the army. They did not pray at meetings or sing songs. They didn't even carry Bibles with them in the ministry.

So while Witnesses in one country were being beaten, raped and killed in one country because they belonged to a religion, across the ocean they were denying they were a religion so that they could maintain their Kingdom Halls and call them a cultural organization.

I looked for proof the things I read on the internet were wrong. When I couldn't deny the evidence that was so well researched I started looking for answers to the "Why do they do it?" I was angy that it came down to money. There were 2 crucial things that helped me realize that money was at the bottom of it all.

The Mexico/Malawi double standard was the first. While we were being told to write letters to everyone about the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Malawi the Witnesses in Mexico were not calling themselves a religion because the government required ownership of all religious property. So Witnesses there bribed officials to get cards saying they had served their mandatory time in the army. They did not pray at meetings or sing songs. They didn't even carry Bibles with them in the ministry.

So while Witnesses in one country were bing beaten, raped and killed in one country because they belonged to a religion, across the ocean they were denying they were a religion so that they could maintain their Kingdom Halls and call them a cultural organization.

The second thing I learned was that the Watchtower Society was applying for funding from theHolocaust Victim Assets Litigation for money that was supposed to go to surviving victims of the Holocaust that had been placed into camps during the Second World War. (see: http://www.nyed.uscourts.gov/pub/rulings/cv/1996/671622.pdf page A-30) They weren’t even planning to give the money to the survivors. They wanted the money so they could yet again proclaim how persecuted they were. My problem here was that the Watchtower Society wasn’t the one who suffered. It was the victims and they should have gotten the money.

That was the end for me. Shortly after that the scandals regarding the protection of child sexual abusers over the need to protect children exploded on the internet and in the media. I needed no more proof how unethical and immoral this business company was. It was websites like www.freeminds.org and the old Watchtower Observer site and this one that helped me immensely in my search for freedom.

Finally I was really free.

So thanks to those of you who came before and did so much work to help set others free.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LadyLee, I didn't know about the Holocaust thing. Wow, you learn something everyday browsing through here. Thanks for posting this.

PROPOSAL FROM JEHOVAH’ S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION

WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA

Address: 100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, NY 12563; Tel No: 914-306-0700

Date of Proposal: December 7, 1999; as supplemented August 23, 2000; on August 10, 1999 and
    on June 22, 2000 the Special Master met with Carolyn R. Wah, Jolene Chu and James Pellechia.

Proposal Summary: Special consideration should be given to applications of the surviving
    Jehovah’s Witness victims of Nazi persecution. The Watch Tower would use a portion of the
    Settlement Fund to support its ongoing research and archival work on the Holocaust and
    presentations of its findings. It would devote any allocated monies solely to Holocaust education
    and the remembrance of the prisoners who bore the purple triangle, which represented the Jehovah’s Witnesses. WatchTower proposes to establish a legal entity to make cash payments and in-kind distributions to needy Jehovah’s Witness class members.

• jay88
    jay88

WatchTower proposes to establish a legal entity to make cash payments and in-kind distributions to needy Jehovah’s Witness class members.

WTF.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Lady Lee.... so glad you gave your time to help others realize the real truth about the Watchtower. Your YouTube video about cults helped me.

I didn't know about the Watchtower trying to squeeze money out of the Holocaust Victims Asset Litigation either. What a bunch of vultures! I don't think any of my family know about this either and I guarantee none of my JW family would believe it.

Grace is celebrating her 10th anniversary here on JWN too. I think she joined around the same time as you. And Mary is celebrating 9 years.

Thank you ladies for all you've done and still do!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Thank you Lady Lee for adding so much to this forum!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A Smurfy Anniversary to you, LL.

Thanks for being here after you found out the truth about the truth.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think not too many people know about the Holocaust cash grab. But the link I posted is a legal document. Makes it kind of hard to argue with. This is what they supposedly did with the money http://www.ushmm.org/education/resource/jehovahs/jehovahsw.php There is a link to a whopping 11 page booklet that was published and the page says there are documents from at least two families who were victims. Putting a few huindred or even thousand pages of data and publishing a small booklet just doesn't seem like it would take a lot of money. While they loiudly proclaim they were persecuted by the Nazi it sure doesn't talk about the letter they sent supporting Hitler in his attacks on the Jewish people.

OK here is somethign the WTS said that was actually true: When people learn the truth they have to tell other people.

It's been 10 years and I am still telling the truth. But now I don't have to put in a time sheet or report to someone to prove I tell the truth. As a JW I hated knocking on doors or talking to everybody I knew about the WTS. Now I look for opportunities and love it.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks for that input Lady Lee,

I wish I could put my feelings into words like that. What you said so resembles my own search for the real truth that started in 1996. I bought my first computer a month after my wife died in April of 1996 and started searching. Oh, I had my doubts before and when I would take my wife to the library, I would browse the religion stacks and tried to read as much as I could about JW's within a short time limit.

My eyes started to open even more from what I read on the computer. These things were not demon inspired. They were experiences that I could identify with and once I read COC that was the beginning of my exit. Thankfully I shared these things with my daughter who is about a year ahead of me in all things that have to do with exiting this crazy religion.

Today is happyness that we both are living good lives and being productive members of the human race. When the subject of JW's comes up in whatever I am involved in, I speak out and let them know from my own experience that this religion needs to be avoided at all costs.

Peace and blessings,

HappyDad (Bill)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for all the work you've done over the past decade!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Congratulation on your Ten Years. I forgot all about the holocaust cash grap. I remember the letter to the body of elders on that. They were looking for those who survived the holocaust so they could be in some sort of settlement by the goverment. I don't remember much more about it. This is why I know the truth is being spoken here. Things that I have totally forgotten about in this cult always come up on this site. It helps me to see how ridiculous there teachings are, how greedy they are and how hypocritical the JW cult is. Above all those who are on here are speaking the truth when it comes up about some of these crazy things the WT cult has done. Thanks Lady Lee for all you have done. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit