Your baby has been stolen by the angels......

by watersprout 17 Replies latest jw friends

• PinkPajamasx
    PinkPajamasx

Hugs are always accepted. (((hug)))

• watersprout
    watersprout
    two of my SILs lost a baby and i know several more who lost one.

I lost one to.....

i'm not sure if i'm right about this, but JWs don't really believe in the resurrection of lost babies, and if they do i can't imagine how that would take place. but if god does not resurrect unborn babies, abortion is not wrong in any way.

There are a lot of different view points on that... Some say that ones who have lost a child in utero will become pregnant with that child again... Who knows with the WT!

Watersprout, I am with you on that one. I myself would never utter such a statement as I too find it distasteful and very disrespectful. I was saying that some may think it is acceptable to do so and their beliefs as to why.

That's why I think that whatever a persons beliefs are, when it comes to a grieving parent those beliefs should be kept under wraps... It doesn't offer comfort it just gets people's backs up... It's such a minefield... Carrot has put his foot in it soo many times he doesn't say a word just a hug...

Peace

• JRK
    JRK

Stolen by the angels? Well, I guess it beats dingos.

JK

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

When my aunt lost her toddler daughter to measles the priest told her that God "needed another angel in heaven".

My aunt's response was, "if that's the kind of God he is I don't want anything to do with him!"

Unfortunately, her grief left her ripe for listening to her JW neighbours when they came to her talking about the resurrection... and that's how my father's side of the family became JWs.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

These "comforting phrases" have always bothered me. They always seem to make people feel worse. It really is maddening. I always wondered: if God created everything and loves us all, why would he kill a baby and break so many hearts for another angel? Can't he just create one? Or, seriously, is he so impatient that he can't wait one human lifetime for that baby to live its life and die naturally?

It is so illogical... But most religious things feel that way to me.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Stolen by the angels? Well, I guess it beats dingos.

Was that an Aussie reference?? Lol.

Unfortunately, her grief left her ripe for listening to her JW neighbours when they came to her talking about the resurrection... and that's how my father's side of the family became JWs.

That is unfortunate! That's how the dubbies get you.... Pray on the vunerable and those in incredible pain....

why would he kill a baby and break so many hearts for another angel?

Exactly! It's soo beyond ridiculous....

Peace

• nugget
    nugget

I think the death of a baby or child is such a huge loss people struggle with how to reference it. The idea that the death was a deliberate act by God is crass and does nothing to help the parent it just makes it more palatable and easy for silly people. Disneyfying a child's death is ridiculous it is horrible and heartbreaking.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Disneyfying a child's death is ridiculous it is horrible and heartbreaking.

That is the perfect way of explaining it... ''Disneyfying''.

I remebered something else someone told me when I suffered a miscarriage... She told me ''well lucky for you you didn't know you were pregnant''... Yes because that made it easier as I held a dead foetus in the sac. I saw it's head and little kidney shaped body... Yes I felt soo lucky!

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit