After leaving Jw's did you go into another religion or serv. god ur own way?

by average joe 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

I had a slow journey to where I am now. I examined other religions, and came to the conc. they were all made by men for men (women don't get much of a look in). God has nothing to do with any of them.

I examined the Bible and found it not to be the word of god.

I examined the evidence for the existence of god, and could not find any that convinced me.

Like dear Talesin above, I find that whatever I have the power to do to make life better for my fellow humans is worth doing, and it makes me happy ! so, volunteering, giving blood, etc etc is basically aselfish thing, it is for my personal happiness and feeling of worth.

I enjoy good music, so will attend services etc. for the music and choir on occasion, but I feel it would be silly to pretend to worship a fictional figure.

Compassionate Humanist is my label.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I did a stint in a church - probably about 3 months - more to see how they did things and just for the experience. I knew I would never again belong to any organisation. I'm done with people telling me what is good for me, when in fact they don't really know me all that well. I believe in god, perhaps not the main stream belief. I am open to discuss and debate.

I look within and live my life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When a born-in cult member leaves, they need to educate themselves in the art of critical thinking before they touch any religious literature.

I don't have a religious bone in my body.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I certainly don't believe in a God in the traditional sense . . . or in relation to any previous human manifestations of religion . . . Christian or otherwise. After leaving the JW's I swept the table clean and looked into the basic building blocks of the physical universe. After an exhaustive search, decided if a God exists, it's in a very loose sense, lying somewhere in the unknown energy source that manifest as the physical . . . remote, impersonal, and not demanding of worship.

Mystery in science . . . the unknown . . . leaves me with what can be discerned solely through the inner man, as I am a manifestation of that same energy . . . thus the faculty of conscience, devoid of cultural influence, is still a reality for me . . . and the sole guiding influence next to knowledge.

I am a deeply religious nonbeliever - this is a somewhat new kind of religion.
    Albert Einstein
  • the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I became a flaming atheist.

• Sulla
    Sulla

The opposite of Jehovah's Witness is Catholic. An atheist is just a bad Jehovah's Witness. I am the opposite of a Jehovah's Witness, though it took a while.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Not really. I got into Wicca for a while but I don't really like the idea of worshipping any deity. I try to live my life by following some Wiccan and Buddhist principles, 'good will to all, and harm to none' (law of 3/karma), respect for children, nature and animals, that kind of thing. I'm a pragmatic agnostic - you can't put a label to my faith but I'm open-minded and might accept something if sufficient evidence [scientific] were presented.

Last year I spent a month working at a Catholic school. Although I didn't get involved with any of the religious aspects of the school day, it certainly helped me to become more accepting of other Christian faiths - something that JWs aren't too good at practising.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I'm still pretty early in my departure of JW life....any thought of joining another religion makes me wanna puke- and I don't yet feel like I am serving God in my own way because I do not see the point yet...waiting for something to hit me on the head (but not gonna hold my breath on that one)

Right now I am perfectly okay not knowing all the answers, so I classify myself agnostic (moving in the athiest direction)

CHG

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I joined another church when I realized that the JWs were full of crap. That was 7 years after my last meeting.

I left that religion after a year when I realized that I couldn't accept the illogical Christian doctrines. That was 3 years ago.

I believe in God. I am not officially part of any religion, but I do go to the Jewish synagogue on Saturday mornings to debate scripture. It is fun.

• andys
    andys

I go to a baptist church but the only reason is because I really like the way they worship, I like it when theres musical instruments involved, recently my thinking has been all cleared up by doing further research, the way I read the bible to understand it is by looking into how the Catholic bible scholors view the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit