Do they still play the piano during songs at the KH?

by andys 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• andys
    andys

I was just now thinking of this do they still play the piano at the KH or is that part out of there all together also, I have been learning that when you look at a word in the Bible many words translated over to Hebrew have a deeper meaning for example the word praise a person can just glance at the word and think praise, but there are many hebrew meanings behind the word praise and one of the meanings:

Zamar-to touch the strings or parts of a musical instrument i.e. play upon it, to make music accompanied by the voice, to celebrate in song and music, give praise, sing forth praises, psalms

Psalm 66:2 Sing out the honor of his name; Make his praise glorious.

Psalm 71:22 Also with the lute I will praise you -- and your faithfulness, O my God! To you I will sing with the harp, O Holy One of Israel.

Psalm 144:9 I will sing a new song to you, O God; On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to you...

I now go to a baptist church and this is my most favorite part about worshiping God is when there is actual musical instruments involved, maybe even someday I'll learn how to play one..............................................................

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Not in recent years, many years ago, Yes!

• yknot
    yknot

oh my first congo had live music.......... It wasn't til I moved to where the need was greater that I heard canned music.

The last piano led congo I visited was in Austin, Texas.....

Such a difference live music makes......

Sigh....

• talesin
    talesin

maybe even someday I'll learn how to play one.

Do it! Guitar is easy,,, just MUST practice every day to build up those calluses ,,, 10 mins or an hour doesn't matter.

I remember my parents discussing this quite a few years ago. It was felt (they said) that it was too much trouble to find someone to play, pianos need maintenance, and more consistency with the canned music. Also, it put attention on the person playing,,, you know "Sister so-and-so, you do such an awesome job!" ,,, and less attention on the actual song.

I'm not a religious person, but have gone to funerals where someone played guitar and sang .... very moving, I must say, and, similar to an eulogy, gave me time to reflect on the deceased, and what they meant to me. A very beautiful part of how some folks choose to worship.

t

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

They did away with piano playing in the 80's

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not even live music could make the new songs enjoyable.

• cantleave
    cantleave

JW music is truly soul less, not a spiritual experience at all. In fact the meetings are not in anyway a spiritual experience, just indoctrination sessions.

• blondie
    blondie

They phased out musical instruments when taped music became de riguer (sp). No one could play, they played badly, and of course UNIFORMITY whoops UNITY was the policy.

Of course, it meant that the WTS sold records, tapes, cds (oops probably free by then) every time the medium changed or a new congregation split off. Years of telling young jws to avoid music classes in school has bred a generation of musical idiots (probably non-jws too).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/118044/5/Remember-when-KHs-had-a-piano-and-real-singing

• Lore
    Lore

They don't play the piano, but they use the CD with ONLY piano music.

Why on earth they use ONLY piano music when they have high-quality fully-orchestrated CDs is beyond me.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Lore... the fully-orchestrated CDs are for assemblies only... it's just one more thing they use to make assemblies seem more special than they really are. Also, the orchestra version tends to wake people up (somewhat) during long and boring assemblies... there's a method to their madness...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit