57% of all publishers pioneered in April

by hoser 35 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

HUH? Shamus, are you whacked on the nip, or what?

t

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Chemical Emotions- Welcome!!!!!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Thanks, factfinder!

• hoser
    hoser

the letter also mentioned that the publishers averaged 9.9 hours in field service.

Hoser

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Can anything published by the WT$ be believed at all? I don't think so...

V665V665

• hoser
    hoser

I can't find the reference but a couple of years ago they put out a call in the KM for 20000 auxillary pioneers for April and they fell short by a couple thousand.

I guess if you lower your standards you can reach your goals

Hoser

• hoser
    hoser

FatFreek 2005 this should answer your question:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hoser is both a slang term and a stereotype, originating from and used primarily in Canada. [ 1 ] It is not often used by Canadians, but it is sometimes used as "typical" Canadian slang by those imitating Canadians, similar to the expression "eh?" The term "hoser" gained popularity from the comedic skits by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (also known as Bob and Doug McKenzie) in SCTV's "The Great White North" segments. [ 2 ]

Like the very similar term hosehead, the term may have referred to farmers of the Canadian prairies, who would siphon gas from farming vehicles with a hose during the Great Depression of the 1930s. [citation needed] The expression has since been converted to the verb 'to hose' as in to trick, deceive, or steal - for example: "That card-shark sure hosed me." Hosed has an additional meaning of becoming drunk - for example: "Let's go out and get hosed." Another possible origin is derived from hockey slang. Before ice resurfacers, the losing team in a hockey game would have to hose down the rink after a game. Thus the term "hoser" being synonymous with "loser".

A hoser's flannel shirt may also be referred to as a "Kenora dinner jacket". (Some regional variations of this term also exist, usually substituting a hoser-stereotyped local community's name in place of Kenora.) [ 3 ]

• shamus100
    shamus100

Talesin,

Yes, I am wacked on the nip, and it was a parody... A PARODY...

• talesin
    talesin

hoser -- and not to be forgotten, the 'classic' movie Strange Brew, developed from the original SCTV skits.

shamus --- lol, I'm jealous! (no nip pour moi atm) I haven't been called 'sister' for sooooo many years, and I think it put me into SHOCK, thus ---->

t

• godrulz
    godrulz

For us non-JWs, can you quickly clarify the levels of service (pioneer, auxil., publisher, etc.)? What are the hour requirements? How does it relate to whether one is baptized or not? Does it matter that the early church had no organizational clock punching, stats, etc.? In Christian circles, we share our faith freely without keeping track for brownie points, control, good works counting, etc. It seems like an accountability or sales technique, not NT discipleship/evangelism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit