If You Scheduled the TMS

by breakfast of champions 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I was at a friend's house the other day and noticed on the refrigerator that they were scheduled for a talk on the TMS. It is for the week of July 25 and entitled:

"Why None of the Demons Are Atheist (Jas 2:19)"

I had to choke back from audibly laughing.

So, if YOU were scheduling the Theocratic Ministry School, what would YOU assign the students?

Be creative! And please cite references.

For example:

"How Science Proves Demons Use Ectoplasm to Materialize (wt 9/1/1955)"

• Honesty
    Honesty

I would suspend the TMS until the FDS got one thing right.

All that 'knowledge' that turns out wrong makes JW's look stupid.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Honesty - If you suspended the TMS, the cheers would be heard throughout the world!

• Quendi
    Quendi

The TMS has been around now for nearly seventy years. N.H. Knorr started it back in 1943 with the express purpose of training men to be able to give public talks and preach from door to door. It took fourteen years before the WTS decided that women could and should be trained in the field ministry, particularly since they were doing the bulk of the preaching.

After seventy years of "training" what do we see? An honest appraisal would say that most Witness elders and ministerial servants are mediocre public speakers at best. The bulk of them are downright bad and should never be allowed on a platform. The performances many Witnesses give at the door also leaves much to be desired. Obviously, neither the TMS nor the Service Meeting can be graded as successes. And many Witnesses hate attending both meetings to boot. They should both be abolished.

Quendi

• therevealer
    therevealer

No references yet, will have to keep looking, b-u-t. "How common sense proves the Governing Body incapable of governing"

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

That's just too funny, I had to post on this. I went and looked it for myself.

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

Assignment No. 3:

Theme:Why None of the Demons Are Atheist (Jas. 2:19)

g891/8p.23ShouldYouFeartheEvilEye?

TheDemonsShudder’—Why?

In Noah’s day, Jehovah dismissed disobedient angels from their positions of favor by restraining them ‘in a prison’ of spiritual darkness. (1 Peter 3:19; Genesis 6:1-4) Then, in the first century, Jesus, acting as God’s representative, expelled powerful demons at will. (Matthew 8:31, 32; Mark 1:39) And again, during this 20th century, Jesus used his God-given power to oust Satan and his demons from heaven. (Revelation 12:7-9) Hence, the demons learned the hard way that their power is nothing compared with God’s power. Yet, Jehovah is about to add another page to this record. Soon, Satan and these cast-out rebels will be thrown into an abyss for a thousand years.—Revelation 20:1-3.

How does this knowledge affect them? The Bible reveals: “The demons believe and shudder.” (James 2:19) Then, how does this knowledge affect you? Will you still fear those ‘shuddering’ demons and their human henchmen? Or will you “only fear Jehovah” by trusting fully in his invisible protection against the evil eye?—1 Samuel 12:24.

Truly, if faith moves you to untie your amulets and to strengthen your bond with Jehovah’s Witnesses in your community, you will soon join them in echoing the words of the ancient sons of Korah. They proclaimed: “God is for us a refuge and strength, a help that is readily to be found during distresses. Thatiswhyweshallnotfear.”—Psalm 46:1, 2; compare Romans 8:31.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Assignment # 3 " Why the Governing Body should all wear aluminum helmets to repel Demonic Brain Waves"

5 Min. Please review previous Society drivel from the 40's stating the dangers of aluminum. Make wide supposition that it must have strange powers & most likely can repel Demonic Brain Waves. Show similarities between aluminum & Kryptonite stopping powers of lead. Recommend all of Jehovah's servants begin drinking from leadware again. End with phrase " the end is near."

• hoser
    hoser

The idiot we have scheduling ours sure knows how to pick the students.

One time a talk on masterbation- assigned to a 14 year old boy

a talk on immoral conduct - assigned to a young woman that had been recently reinstated

she was DF'd for you guessed it immorality

she at least had the common sense not to show up to deliver her talk

Hoser, Eh

• processor
    processor

• How to achieve your material goals
    • What kind of stones should be used for the stoning of apostates?
    • 20 time proofs for the year 1914 (based on the Berean Studies book)
    • God's Stone Witness - the Watchtower building in Brooklyn
    • "The Life of Brian" - What can we learn from it?
    • "I am a worm, and not a man, a reproach to men and despicable to the people" (based on Psalm 22:6)
    • How long was Rapunzel's hair?
    • Pay back, therefore, God's things to God, but the slave's things to the slave
    • Changing underwear regularly contributes to cleanliness
    • Dung - Why beneficial?
    • The greater Cyrus - the Internet

BTW, I had been Theocratic Ministry School Overseer ...

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I can't believe that's a real talk with reference material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit