Photo - NH Knorr President of Watchtower Society, Chicago 1955

by VM44 29 Replies latest jw friends

• hotspur
  • hotspur
    hotspur

Grrr -IE 9

I love how godrulz's avatar looks like a christmas tree!

• clarity
    clarity

Hotspur.......I was thinking that too! lol

c

• godrulz
    godrulz

I did not pick it, but I don't worship Christmas trees (though I celebrate His birth every day and culturally in Dec. in addition to church focus), contrary to WT nonsense.

I noticed an ad link on this forum for betheltours. I am not a JW, so I can't get special tours of Bethel, NY (I would be interested). I am a Witness of Jesus/Jehovah (Acts 1:8). Imagine if I could get on one of these tours. It would be like fishing in a barrel. I imagine I would get tarred and feathered and thrown overboard (who would want to hang out with JWs and see Branch offices and meet their leaders for vacation; then again, who would book summer vacation to sit at a boring convention all weekend?! If nothing else, JWs make good slaves or are outwardly dedicated to a cause, as futile as it is).

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Godrulz In your efforts to evangelize you come across with the same opinionated arrogance that I had as a witness It's very annoying. If nothing else you've shown me what a right royal pain in the ass I must have been And I don't need some outsider who can never truly understand in effect telling me that there must have been something wrong with me for being involved in a cult.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A fine figure of a man, if i do say so myself - and i do.

And can it be that that fashion plate sharing the podium with him is his spiritual siamese twin, Freddy "Brownshoes" Franz!

Ah, those were the glory years of god's earthly organization, weren't they?

• moshe
    moshe

I just remembered- see the shadow in the stands? I spent a lot of time figuring out exactly what seats would be in the shade and avoiding the ones that would end up in the hot sun after lunch. Anyone else do that? And--- Workers who came early would take blankets, extra Bibles, songbooks, etc., and save the choice seats, 10 or more at a time for friends and family who arrived at -9 to-10am.

• sooner7nc
  • sooner7nc
  • sooner7nc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit