Photo - NH Knorr President of Watchtower Society, Chicago 1955

by VM44 29 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Download NOW if you want to save this photo! It will not remain online for very long!

NH Knorr President of Watchtower Society Chicago 1955

Source: Detroit News photo archive

• The Finger
    The Finger

was that at comisky park? why won't it b on line 4 long?

• Terry
    Terry

Must have been a practice run through. Either that or the turn out was lousy that day!

Knorr was President when I became a JW. Personally, I believe the 50's were the idyllic years for the JW religion.

The 60's forward turned them uglier by shades of gray.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Saw a 5 x 4 negative of this for sale on E-bay recently.

George

• VM44
    VM44

why won't it b on line 4 long?

Because the photo is actually for sale at eBay for the amount of $12 if you wish to buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x5-NEG-NH-Knorr-President-Watchtower-Society-1955-/330508883475

Edited to add: (this must be the one that George saw)

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Because the photo is actually for sale at eBay for the amount of $12 if you wish to buy it.

LMAO!! I just thought of Pawn Stars LOL

What have you got here???

A 1955 picture of the President of the Watchtower Society.

Get of out of the Store Please!

• St George of England
    St George of England

There was quite a selection of Knorr and Franz negatives for sale at that time.

I just wonder what youngsters today would think of taking photographs with such cameras when all they have ever known is digital or maybe 35mm.

In the early 1960's I used an MPP MicroTechnical 5 x 4 (Poor man's Linhof) in addition to 6 x 6 (2 1/4 sq)

George

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Most likely the reason no one is sitting in the seats behind the stage is sometimes they would block that area off

to confine people to the front or sides.

If you look closely you can see another wanker behind Knorr.

Back in the early 70's he gave the key note address at a summer assembly here in Vancouver.

After the session was over people came to the back of the stage and brown nosed him like he was Jesus Christ himself.

It was then a came to realize that these guys had a huge amount of adulation and popularity following wherever they went.

When J Rutherford gave a special talk at an Assembly, the pent up hysteria was like the President of the United States was entering the

building to give a speech, complete with surrounding body guards.

Foolish stupid humans.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is another.

• moshe
    moshe

The lectern is turned sideways- sound check maybe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit