Watchtower: "God Hates...Homosexuality"

by metatron 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Good point WTW.

I confided in the cong' overseer once when I was going through a pretty tough time struggling with my sexuality & he of course suggested more bible study more service etc.

I soon realised he wasn't that bright when he thought it would be a good idea I have a study with his 20 year old (shooting star of the cong') son & spend more time with his son in FS.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Perhaps I am wrong, but I personaly dont believe that God hates me! Its interesting that the brothers say God hates homo's when the scriptures say he isnt partial and desires all to be saved. Some other good points here too. I was born this way and its not something I can control. Also, why would God condemn me for something which isnt my fault? Good questions.

A few weeks ago a sister said to me, "Im glad we (JW's) are liberal and we accept everyone!" In my mind thats the LAST thing they do. People like me who have been brought up as JW's will be shunned the first opportunity they get.

Good riddance! Who gives a toss? I certainly dont!

Timmy xxx :D

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Also, why would God condemn me for something which isnt my fault?

Great statement Tim . . .

The same question can be levelled when considering the introduction of sin through Adam.

Also, if God does not reveal himself openly and conclusively (giving rise to a single, truthful, worldwide religion as a reflection of him) . . . how can anyone make an informed decision? . . . instead we end up with thousands of religions and are reduced to "guessing"

Finding God through the inner man seems the most reliable path to spiritual fulfilment . . . all we need to do then, is be true to ourself

• hotspur
    hotspur

If straight couples can't abide homesexuals then they had better stop producing homosexul children!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hehe! Well said Hotspur! :D

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Like sociability, empathy and almost every other aspect of personality that make an individual unique, a persons sexuality lies on a spectrum - there's no right or wrong about it.

But I'm genuinely curious Tim, which 'God' are you drawn to? Not the God of the Bible surely?!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

fckh8 !

• shepherd
    shepherd

It's not the Watchtower that says God hates homosexuality, it's the Bible, so let's not put all the blame at their doorstep.

The Bible writers were homophobic - fact! And for those that suggest Jesus is all love and it's just that nasty biblical God and the other Bible writers who hate Gays, it's a package deal.

It's one reason among hundreds why I don't believe for a moment in God, or that the Bible is inspired by any Biblical God.

I am not Gay myself, but given the choice between living forever in Paradise with homosexual neighbors or the self-righteous bastards in the Kingdom Halls, I know who I would choose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit