Df'd and Meetings

by IMHO 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Yeah, lets shun this fellow brother/sister..and go to work with our wordly associates and eat lunch with them!

I've never obeyed that crap. I've had Df'd people email me or ask for a ride somewhere...they didn't talk about "spiritual" things so why care. Even if they did...I'm no elder so why should I give a f((k? They're still PEOPLE!

• mummatron
    mummatron
    @Mummatron Are those the official rules? Are DF-ed ones told this?

Well, it's my interpretation of them, but pretty much, yeah.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    In particular, why do you think that Df'd persons are supposed come in as the song starts and leave immediately after the closing prayer?

I dont think that a rule ( It depends on the congregation ), because the congregation that I go puts us anywhere that is available including the front !

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

"If they don't leave immediately, what happens? Does an elder come up and ask them to leave?"

Any DF'ed person attending meetings is working toward reinstatement. They are unlikely to stretch the rules given to them since the elders laying down the law are the ones who will decide when they have shown a "humble and repentant spirit" and are worthy of returning.

So the elders may talk to a DF who did not leave promptly. And the DF will tread on eggshells to please these elders. Some elders are overly tough on them because A) they feel it is good to show "tough love" *blech,* and B) they enjoy the power of their unearned authority.

Belligerent DFs will not usually attend the meetings.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

go to the meeting DF'd wearing a tracksuit and iPod. LOL leave midway into the 2nd 1/2 of the meeting thru one of the front exits by the stage.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I was a naughty boy at school, just once.

The head made me stand in the hall all afternoon with my hands on my head, so I would be ashamed and to scare the other kids too.

I think its the same kind of mentality.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Having a dose of "disfellowshipment" is much like having leprosy . . . your infectious. The only two differences is that 1) there is nobody walking ahead of you shouting ". . . disfellowshipped! . . . disfellowshipped!" (but there might as well be), and 2) the healing hand of Christ is absent.

The point being . . . the practice better resembles the unfeeling, heartless and legalistic approach of the Pharisees . . . not the freely forgiving attitude of Christ. Every meeting you attend is simply to reimpose your "shame" and to stand as a "threat" to others. Guilt and fear control tactics in full working order.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Some congregation pharisees elders make up rules for the congregation.

D/F ones can come and go as and when they please and they can sit where they like.

Any D/Fed person told otherwise simply needs to say "show me that in print!"

George

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Any D/Fed person told otherwise simply needs to say "show me that in print!"

What you say is true George . . . but it will cost you another 6 months at least.

• IMHO
    IMHO

My original thought was that they can't have you coming too early and just sitting there as it wouldn't look good if interested ones / studies / non-witnessess visit and see that there is someone that everyone is ignoring. Wouldn't look very loving would it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit