Df'd and Meetings

by IMHO 19 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

Why the set procedures for ones that are DF'd when attending meetings?

(I think I know the answer to this but I look forward to your thoughts first)

• mummatron
    mummatron

To keep the congo clean.

Sit at the back, avoid eye contact with everyone. Don't comment. Leave quietly as soon as the meeting ends...and whatever you do, don't smile! You're supposed to be miserable, remorseful and accepting of your punishment.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

CONTROL

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

cultish period!

• IMHO
    IMHO

In particular, why do you think that Df'd persons are supposed come in as the song starts and leave immediately after the closing prayer?

• White Dove
    White Dove

So as not to accidentally get said "hi" to by some unwary person in attendance.

So you don't accidentally rub your cooties on someone.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

To make them feel as ashamed as they can. How loving, lets kick 'em while they're down.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

We had a Df one that came kind of early and just sat there and watched with a smile sang the songs... I always gave him my KM and anything else he didn't have. As an elder's wife at the time I knew he even refused to put in his "reinstatement leter" when the elders told him he should... Now I wish I could find him and make sure he doesn't believe it!!!

Oh to answer your question. "do not even say a greeting" line to an extream. Control CULT

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

If they don't leave immediately, what happens? Does an elder come up and ask them to leave?

• Velour
    Velour

@Mummatron

Are those the official rules? Are DF-ed ones told this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit