How do you explain anointed people who are very humble and loving?

by bottleofwater 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

While some of you can bash the anointed as being attention getters:

I knew someone in Florida who was also of the anointed, supposedly. She was very kind as well and very quiet and humble. She made everyone treats as well and she had a daughter who was well behaved and was married to a very calmhearted husband.

How do you explain her being so nice? I'm not saying that I agree with the JWs, but why would she think that she is of the anointed if she isn't? A very kindhearted person like her... you could just see it in her... she really truly loved people and her husband as well... she told everyone that she wasn't perfect and she didn't judge ANYONE at all... you could see that it wasn't an act she was putting on. her emotions just poured out naturally to everyone...

Is there a way to explain this all?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

There are some really good people who have fallen prey to the WT delusion.

After all, weren't we all once captives of the concept?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

There's good people everywhere, including the JWs.

She sounds like someone who took the spirit of the Bible's message to heart, and would have been a good, loving person regardless of being a JW or not.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How do you explain her being so nice?

Nice people can be delusional within their own life perceptions.

I've met many non-religious and religious people who can easily fit into this description.

My mother-law is a total loon, she also says she's anointed.

Just as there are bad JWS and good JWS.

I've met another anointed man who my father knew and he was prick ( pardon my French )

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Even crazy people can be nice.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, BOW:

This has been very hard for me as I took to heart the doing of good towards Christ's brothers. I knew many of the so-called Naomi Class (if I have my dates correct), and they had shown a special interest in me. They were as you describe and then some: totally spiritual, eyes on the prize and devoted to aiding others to know Jehovah.

When they all passed on, I felt it my duty to share with ones new to "The Truth" what they would never learn first-hand from those who truly seemed destined to rule with Christ in heaven, the anointed remnant. This has been my biggest loss spiritually because I sincerely believed that I had 'taken hold of the skirt of a Jew.'

I was devastated ...

CoCo

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I don't think I've heard anyone bashing the anointed, as a group. It's the Governing Body, who is the target of most of the ire. They are the ones demanding worship, beating their fellow slaves (the 11k anointed around the world), making up extra-Biblical rules, etc. I knew a man who partook of the emblems and claimed anointed status (Who am I to say yea or nay?) and he was awesome; but he was old then and he's dead now.

From what I understand, the power grab occurred in the '70s, when the Society ceased allowing the congregations to be autonomous. They pulled all the elders who had been selected locally and put their own in place.

Now, all elders are chosen by the Society puppet C/Os and answerable back to Brooklyn for everything. No independent decisions can be made and Brooklyn is looked to as God himself. In my own case and many others, when elders can't figure out what to do, they write to Brooklyn and people who have never heard your side or met you make a decision without a hearing or a committee. I'm surprised the elders can ever do anything; it seems they can't wipe their asses without a letter rubber stamped by the Society

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    While some of you can bash the anointed as being attention getters:

Bearing in mind that I don't read every thread, this is not something I have noticed.

I have come across many in my time. Some them seemed a little loopy, but I have met some right loons amongst the Jonadabs too. The worst JWs I know are Jonadabs.

• shamus100
    shamus100

JW's are a freaking scream.

They put down other religions for basing their beliefs on emotion, yet they do so themselves all the time. Logic always takes a backseat.

There is no level of hypocrisy they will not cross, and the idiots remain blind. No, not a high control group at all. ;)

• Alfred
    Alfred

In the 90's, I was in a congo that also had a very humble and loving annointed sister. Everyone was convinced that she was very genuine by the way she interacted with everyone in the congo. Then a very strange thing happened in field service one day when she was partnered with my wife. My wife noticed that this sister had twice avoided a particular house in the territory. When she asked the annointed sister about this, she would say that the person who lives there is really not interested. Then, just as the annointed sister said this, a woman in her 60's opens the front door, runs outside and gets in the annointed sister's face about wanting her money back for a sick bird that the annointed sister had supposedly sold her while she was in (you guessed it) field service. My wife just stood there in shock as the annointed sister kept walking away from this lady who then began to scream and carry on. After my wife snapped out of her daze (she couldn't believe what had just happened), she quickly ran after the annointed sister to find out what that was all about. The annointed sister said something about that lady being mentally unstable and then quickly changed the subject. A few months later, we found out that this supposedly "annointed" sister actually had an exotic bird nursery inside her house and had twice been rushed to the hospital with severe asthma because of this. We also found out that the annointed sister would occasionally try to peddle her exotic birds during field service (usually when she noticed that the household had birds or other pets)... Soon thereafter we moved to a different city. Sadly, this "annointed" sister died of an asthma attack about 4 years ago, survived by her elder husband and disfellowshipped son... I know this is slightly off topic and -'m really not trying to make a point about anything... Just thought I'd share that bizarre story as this post reminded me of that "humble and loving" annointed sister I came across in the 90's...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit