Princess Margaret Has Died

by Englishman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

SS,

I assume you are playing devil's advocate. I do that occasionally too, just to present an alternative point of view.

I don't view the Royal Family's loss to be any greater than any other family who lost a member yesterday. The difference is though, that this family is much more public and well-known than any other family on earth. Those of us who live in Commonwealth countries have been exposed to this family for all of our lives.

When I hear of the deaths of public figures, I can sympathise with their families since I have lost many family members through sickness and old age. My grandmother suffered 3 strokes, the last of which weakened her and led to her death. One of my aunts also had a stroke which left her severely disabled. So I can sympathise with the impact Princess Margaret's illness and death has had upon the Royal family.

My sympathies are with the Royal family, particularly her two children, Peter and Zara.

My sympathies also extend to all those who have lost family members in death recently. I can empathise as well.

(edited for spelling errors)

• KSJordan
    KSJordan

Princess Anne's children are Peter and Zara. Princess Anne is still alive. Princess Margaret's children were older and had different names. I try to send condolences out to everyone who has suffered a death in family or friends.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prisca

I didn't mean to be insensitive about her death. I was considering the premise that all lives have equal value, and so, princess marg's death would have no more importance than jane doe w 2.5 kids living in a trailer court. On the other hand, her death affected a lot more people than jane doe of said trailer court. Who am i to say? I find it puzzling, i guess.

SS

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

She was born rich. She lived richly. She rebelled, partied, and abused herself, like only the rich can. She died rich.

Good riddance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit