Little Do Non-JWS know but that is God's plan: Destroy the governments and put jws in charge

by blondie 51 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

To FHN: I think "crap" is permissible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, Blondie. Do you think they made all that up?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Definitely, because running a printing company and booking a stadium is as difficult as running a country.

• blondie
    blondie

Probably not all of it...by the time food service ended adherence to government food prep standards was slipping a great deal.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Anyone remember sandwich prep?

HUNDREDS of ham and cheese, beef and cheese, turkey.......it was certainly better than listening to the sessions.

When I was a kid, my friend and I would push grocery carts with 5 gallon buckets of ice out to all the concession stands in the old Met Stadium.

Some old tight ass brother would realize we were under the minimum volunteer age, bust us and the next day we would to it again.

Every day, 5 day convention. Never worked an 8 day, but I attended one in Vancouver.

Ah, the old days.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

It's the sort of thing a bored city council bureacrat might have said in an offhand comment after touring the printing press, scrambling for any comment or compliment.

Just how much his innocuous comment "Hey, we better watch out, with this sort of micro-management you'll be running the country soon!" was brushed up and rewritten by writing committees before being excreted at a DC is another thing.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

what the big deal so the wts used the yankee stadium stoves, refrigators, to heat up Frozen low quality fried chicken , heat up crap can veggies, give you a juice and apple. SCHOOL lunch was of better quality than the crap the wt served at those conventions. I was embarrassing to have to eat stuff even worse than in a public school free lunch. and listening to my jw dad raving this is the best food he ever ate LOL Whats even funnier is the wts thinks these stadiums that have ball games 5 nights a week can't feed their visitors. I would have the concessions stands open have a hot dog and fries, and a cotton candy than the $hit the wts used to serve up. oh and they always made you buy more lunch tickets than you could use. Jw's are so stupid to fall for this stuff like the army really needs to ,learn how to feed a army lol

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

on a side note i sent my teenage son to a baseball summer camp for a few years. that was on a navy base . and part of the deal was the campers ate at the mess hall breakfast and lunch with the sailors. I went to breakfast a few times and it was 1000x better than anything i ever had at a jw convention. in fact it was so good you would think you were at nice diner. they even cook to order for you based on the menu of the day. one day i had fresh waffle with fresh strawberrys and blueberrys not canned homemade crossant with butter and jelly. and they made my son a fresh omlette with ham cheese and peppers with a side of bacon. Plus they had a fresh fruit bar. and my son told me lunch was even better. I would guess there was about 3000-5000 sailors on this base and it seemed to me to be about 20 or so cooks . and every one looked like they were eating good. AGAIN BETTER THAN ANY CRAP I HAVE EATEN AT A WTS CONVENTION... the wts is so full of crap it's coming out of their ears.................................

• BoleynGirl
    BoleynGirl

I remember one of our conventions held in a football stadium. The management at the stadium had given permission for us Dubs to have our lunch "on the lawn" i.e. the football field. The proviso was that no rubbish was left on the playing field afterwards. These were already the days of B.Y.O packed lunch and I remember several thousand people spreading picnic blankets down to eat.

On the last day of the convention, the speaker told us how much the stadium management were astounded that no litter had been found on the field over the 3 days of the convention. "Yes, that's right brothers, not a single piece of paper, not one empty can. See how Jehovah's holy spirit helps his people to give a good witness. The management told us they would never have to hire cleaners if all their football spectators were Jehovah's Witnesses."

Ironic really, given that JWs are not supposed to go to football games.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

call the city to see if they were telling the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit