letter to the elders about wanting to fade

by focariedu21 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

Jehovah's Witnesses like to pretend that they are super loving and care about people. They don't. What they care about is getting by day to day and trying to put on an act that they are super dubs, so focused on the new system that they don't have the mental energy to care about their families or anything else non-WTS related. You will get the occasional witness who goes out of their way to be kind and loving to others, but it has little to do with the society and everything to do with their own personality. In my experience, Jehovah's Witnesses are the most selfish, self-righteous, hypocirites around. Full of rhetoric about how great and holy they are (they are Jah's people after all ) but never producing the actions to back that up. I wouldn't worry about what they have to say. Take your brother-in-law up on ignoring him and the rest of your hypocritical family. Concentrate on those in your family who aren't JWs.

As for the fade thing. You're done. As has been said, a fade is a gradual, unobtrusive withdrawal...usually with some corresponding "reason" (like family illness or a death) so that they can write you off and not bother you too much. If you tell them, its not a fade and they will feel they have to make a push to "save" you by yammering at you nonstop or disfellowshipping you in order to demonstrate the seriousness of leaving the cult. I'd just stop. Stop going to meetings, stop talking to them, stop going door to door or feeling like you have to turn every conversation into a recruitment talk, and stop worrying about it. Live your life and be happy.

There is nothing like the relief of getting up on a Saturday or Sunday morning and knowing you do not have to get dressed up, put together your bookbag and trott over to the KH to impress your fellow cult members...because that's what it mostly is. Normal door to door work rarely nets many converts, so its just a show that witnesses put on for each other. Sunday meetings are indoctrination reinforcement from which most seldom emerge from "refreshed". Its lovely not to feel forced to endure that junk any more.

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

sinis! I am talking about my own parents not my wifes and mum past away from a broken heart that my sibblings and the treatment she received from elders . My jws sibblings heve power of attorney over my dad now. THEY TOOK ME TO COURT and revoked my POA AND THAT'S WHEN MUM PASSED AWAY SOON AFTER when she realised that their agenda was always to place her in a home and sure enough that's what they did and she didn't last long. My wife and I looked after her for three years prior to her going in a nursing home and she was very happy at home together with dad, and not one jehovahs witness helped us when we asked for help we had to pay for someone to look after her during the day...we went through hell with the witnesses. Now dad is in a home and hates it and we cant do anything about it as they have POA and to revoke it it will cost a mint as before we just cant afford to go to court again. when I wrote my letter to the elders I accused them of being bloodguilty because they refused to help mum when we asked but allowed my sibblings to continue preaching and the rest of the stuff but not help mum.

• sinis
    sinis

Sorry to hear that. Is your father competent enough to make decisions? Interesting that the courts have made the decision for your father, against his will? I assume he is not competent enough to make his own decisions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit