They're everywhere!

by Chariklo 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Get any tattoos or piercings recently?

No, no interesting body decorations. No horns or tail.

It amused me. And, Lore, as to the failure to use the backspace button, think of it as real-time train of thought!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't mean to hijack this topic but did anyone else get an ad for this band on their JWN page?

http://itunes.apple.com/album/cults/id435152997

• hubert
    hubert

Sounds like you are in for a heap of fun....or trouble.

Hubert

• luna2
    luna2

I remember JWs coming by the store I worked at, as well as coming to my door in the first months after I stopped going to the KH. They get all gung ho for a while, but it soon fades. Its just too much trouble to concentrate on other people when they are being attacked themselves at the KH every meeting about not studying enough, and not being consistant about their meeting attendance, and not going out door knocking enough. The WTS puts so much pressure on their own members that its hard for individuals to meet the standards set, let alone care about anybody else much. They can only sustain the zeal to get inactive ones back for a relatively short period of time, although you may get renewed interest when they have a big push at the KH to try to round up the faders and get them back. I just don't answer the door (or my phone...I've had sisters call me from my own doorstep trying to get me to open up and talk to them).

Most JWs just can't drum up the enthusiasm to keep at you. There is only one pioneer sis from the congregation I faded out of who will still try to call me or write me the occasioal card, but she is the exception. Its not like she isn't counting the time. Hey, its a relatively easy way to add extra hours to the timecard.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I've had sisters call me from my own doorstep trying to get me to open up and talk to them).
    Most JWs just can't drum up the enthusiasm to keep at you.

If you don't answer the door or your phone, then they're gonna get the hint sooner or later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit