Would you pose as an "interested one" and "study" to help free my family?

by Essan 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• garyneal
    garyneal

I've already blown it with my wife. The only thing I can do for her now is be there for her.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's a good idea, but fraught with a few difficulties, as others have pointed out. It is something that would have to be fully thought out in order to be successful.

I currently have a pioneer lady calling on me. She doesn't know I used to be a JW. To explain any knowledge I might have about the JWs I said I had relatives who are JWs (which is true). I try to get her to research a question I pose to her, and to her credit she does do research. I've kept the questions light as she's only called on me a couple of times. So we'll see....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Crap... In theory I'd like to participate, but I'm currently in the area that I grew up in... A lot of JWs know me here...

It would be tricky, and very delicate, to pose as an 'interested' one...

T'would require consummate acting skills, and an absolutely unflappable personality. Someone as exciteable as myself - well, I'd have to work REALLY hard to maintain a calm, cool demeanor and not give myself away...

On the other hand, all of that might be worth it, for that "A-Hah!" moment, when the light of reason finally dawns in an enslaved JW's eyes...

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I would do it.

• dgp
    dgp
    I've already blown it with my wife. The only thing I can do for her now is be there for her.

You're a good man, Gary.

• Essan
    Essan

Gary, if she's still a JW, perhaps you could secretly contact an EXJw or non-JW she doesn't know to pose as an "interested one" and study with her? Then you could expose your wife to all the info you know, via a "study"? She wouldn't know you were behind it until she had come to her senses.

Stealthy but possibly effective.

If they can employ theocratic war strategies, then so can we!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I'd like to see this get started and see what happens.

Edit: At the same time, I have mixed feelings. The dishonesty of JW's is one thing that makes me ill, and here I am supporting more dishonesty. The whole situation with JW's is so disturbing. People shouldn't have to use stealth just to communicate information. What a shame.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, Interested one, cults are at core innately dishonest. Therefore, such tactics MAY be necessary to get some people to look at the possibility that they ARE in a cult or controlling organization...

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

ziddina - Good point. I can see how such tactics may have to be used when dealing with an insane situation. I just think it's such a shame, and sometimes I think "has it come to this?" Unfortunately it has come to this. I'm just venting a little.

• Velour
    Velour

I'd definitely do this. I've moved half way across the country since leaving a year ago. I wish someone would pose some questions to my family back home and I'd be glad to pose some questions to someone's family here.

I feel like after doing this, if this kind of tactic didn't work- would the JW mark your home and not send anyone again knowing you question and subvert JW faith?

After being a pioneer for 5 years, I feel confident I could be sly in questioning while maintaining the ''interested one'' personna. I remember the joyous feelings I had when teaching and I'm sure I can make someone feel joy enough to come back to me but still sneak in some difficult and thought provoking questions.

I would imagine that would need to be the key: they sense you're ''progressing'' but we're making them face up to their cognitive dissonance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit