Why not leave?

by ifonly789 17 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I think the donation thing is unacknowledged evidence that a great many Witnesses don't really believe it. The cash just doesn't come in the way it used to.

metatron

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I stayed in just long enough to get my wife and daughter out and confirm that my parents wouldn't shun me.

Then I left. It's like Black Sheep said. If I left when I first knew it wasn't the truth I'd have lost all of them. Patience, hard work, and a plan, and we've all faded. My parents actually faded and I didn't know about it until recently. We talked a lot about the Borg since I left but they always seemed to lean toward no longer believing but being unwilling to make waves. Then I find out a couple weeks ago that other than Memorial they haven't been to the KH in about a year and have no plans to ever go back. I don't know if I'm lucky or a success story or a bit of both.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Then I find out a couple weeks ago that other than Memorial they haven't been to the KH in about a year and have no plans to ever go back.

Jehovah has truly blessed your efforts Brother Sweeney! lol. I remember saying that about people who got their whole family to join the JWs, now I'm saying it about people who get their family to leave, go figure.

• onefootout
    onefootout

TNSTAAFL. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Leaving usually comes with a price. Some are willing to pay and some aren't. It's important to be realistic about the people in your life and how they will respond if you quit. You can always be mentally free...no one can take that from you and no one has to know. That's what many love about being on this site, we can reveal our true mental outlook without consequences.

The smartest thing many well respected posters have said is HAVE A PLAN. I believe that wholeheartedly.

Once you take even the smallest step in revealing your true thoughts to a spouse, friend ect. it can't be taken back. If you do and they react poorly you will then be playing the super witness for a while to ally their disproportionate paranoid response.

If you don't mind me calling on scripture...count the cost.

onefootout

• sherah
    sherah

to Mad Sweeney.

• LV101
    LV101

Wontleave --- I agree with Raging Bull. I'd give anything to live in your city and visit your hall just for FUN! Your strength is admirable.

LV101

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Congratulations Mad Sweeney. Way to go

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Congratulations Mad Sweeney. Way to go

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit