12 Things That The Mainstream Media Is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now

by NeckBeard 24 Replies latest social current

• cantleave
    cantleave

I reckon Rick Frearon could work as a senationalist "alternative news" journalist......

Oh yeah he does!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Well I don't know what is considered "mainstream" media, but I've heard most of those stories.

I don't watch FOX.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    These news "articles" only become sensational when placed in a suspicious context . . . whereas they are, and have been happening as a daily occurrance for years.

Not to mention 9 out of 10 times, if you actually read, say, the specific bill being introduced, or the background on the story etc. it's pretty straightforward.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

yourmomma

Gundersen may be exaggerated, but if he's being "debunked" by pro nuclear factions, I'm suspicious (that's what I've read). There are also other sources of information on Fukushima, (Japanese gov and TEPCO themselves for example) which support the fact that this was a far worse and more far reaching issue than originally claimed.

• NewChapter
  • talesin
    talesin

Fukushima Nuclear Plant Remains 'Ticking Time Bomb' After Japan Disaster: Michio Kaku, Theoretical Physicist

First Posted: 06/22/11 12:00 PM ET Updated: 06/22/11 12:00 PM ET

React

share this story

2 4 1 Michio Kaku Get World Alerts Sign Up Submit this story

Though global fears about radiation emissions from the heavily damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power facility have calmed in the weeks since Japan's devastating March 11 earthquake and tsunami, famed physicist Michio Kaku insists the situation remains a "ticking time bomb."

A professor of theoretical physics at the City University of New York and the City College of New York, Kaku discussed some recent revelations about the disaster's impact, and noted that Japanese officials still don't yet have control at the site. "In the last two weeks, everything we knew about that accident has been turned upside down," Kaku says. "Now we know it was 100 percent core melt in all three reactors...now we know it was comparable to the radiation at Chernobyl."

Among Kaku's other distressing notes: Fukushima workers are exposed to a year's dose of radiation within minutes of entering the site, and cleanup will take between 50 to 100 years. "It's like hanging by your fingernails," he says. "It's stable, but you're hanging by your fingernails."

Watch Kaku's interview with CNN here:

couldn't embed the video of the interview, but here's the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/fukushima-nuclear-plant-ticking-time-bomb-japan-disaster-michio-kaku-_n_882166.html

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Kaku is awesome. Any time I see him while flipping through channels I stop and listen. Brilliant man.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

He's really cool looking too

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

By the way NeckBeard, you consistently ignore posting guideline #4

You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, I think Stephen Colbert interviewed Kaku to see if he could explain O'Reilly's infamous, "tide goes in , tide goes out." He's a great guy with the ability to explain complex subjects AND still have a sense of humor.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit