Should we be partakers of the Memorial of Christ death??

by wolfman85 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Essan
    Essan

LOL

If only you knew.

I have not the slightest problem with people who don't believe the Bible, or even with Christians who admit they don't follow the Bible. But I must admit that frauds who claim to believe in and follow a book and then show total disregard for what it explicitly states really wind me up. It makes a good 'biblical discussion' impossible, for one thing. I prefer the honesty of heathens rather than the excuse making of such 'Christians'.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Count me as an honest heretic (look up what heretic actually means if you don't already know).

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Okay. I'll ask one more time. Who is Jesus talking to in Mat 5:5?

Earth is not a testing ground to see where you spend eternity. There are more people who claim to be Christian alive right now than Jews who have existed in all of human history. Your claim that the 2 billion heaven-bound Christians are going to be kings and priests over a few million Jews is just silly. Even if the Jews fill the earth, that's still only about 30B people, max. So, you're going to have a king for a maximum of every 15 people? And the ones bought from the earth will only rule for 1000 years, until Jesus turns the throne back over to God. If the Jews hump like rabbits for 1000 years, they still won't have the population maxed out before the millenial rule is over. Your understanding doesn't make any sense at all.

You're cherry-picking verses, instead of seeing the Bible as a cohesive book. Context isn't a few verses before and after; it's the entire Bible. If your understanding doesn't fit with other parts of the Bible, it's incorrect.

• wolfman85
  • GOrwell
    GOrwell

@WontLeave - "The Bible as a cohesive book." bahahahahah.. cohesive? Really? That's your word choice?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Sorry, I gave up any thoughts of cannibalism when I left the "Truth"...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome wolfman85. LOL you have started a brawl without hardly saying a word.

If you are using IE9, try using compatibilty mode.

Here's a teddy bear for trying, though...

• Diest
    Diest

Wolfman, welcome, try using a different browswer, we cant see what you are posting.... Welcome to the board

• Essan
    Essan

@Wontleave.

You ask who Jesus was speaking to at Matthew 5:5.

If I were to say to you that you were going to inherit a football team, would you imagine that you were about to become a player? Hardly. You'd understand that ownershp and control of the team was to become yours.

You hear 'inherit the earth' and assume that it must mean 'life forever on a paradise earth'. But of course it doesn't say that at all. It says 'inherit the earth'. Even the Watchtower Society has the wits to clearly state that this Scripture primarily applies to Jesus and the 144,000 because they inherit rulership of the earth - they actually inherit the earth! (The Watchtower February 1, 1978, page 29) So, you are out Watchtowering the Watchtower here.

It's truly amazing to me that you can ignore virtually the entire NT which refers continually and exclusively to a heavenly hope for Christians - over and over and over again. Yet you just don't get it - or don't want to get it - and you take a single verse, which doesn't even say 'life on earth', and toss out the entire NT in favour of your preferred interpretation of this single scripture. Astounding.

Without hesitation you will dismiss the crystal clear scriptures, such as 'One faith, one hope, one baptism', and respond 'sure there are two hopes'.

It's crazy.

It's possible that the Scriptures indicate that there is an earthly hope for those who served God before Jesus death, and for those who weren't exposed to God's teachings prior to Jesus death and who were not exposed to Christianity after it. So where you get 'a few million jews' as those who may possibly live on earth under the heavenly government, I don't know.

But if there is one thing that is absolutely and perfectly clear in the Bible, it is that there is a single hope for all Christians and that the only hope offered them is Heaven. Reject that and you clearly have no regard for the Bible. It's as simple as that. If you don't want to be a Christian because you don't want to accept the sacrifice, and don't want to partake in it - as symbolized by partaking of the emblems - and don't want the anointing and the Christian hope of heaven, fine. But at least be honest about it and acknowledge that you are not at all a Christian as defined by the Scriptures.

• designs
    designs

Its usually not very good Wine but knock your socks off if it means something to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit