"If Armageddon came in '75, the new ones would have died"

by Lore 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lore
    Lore

That was the reasoning in a recent public talk at my hall.

Namely: If the end of the world happened in 1975, then loads of people who had not yet converted or been born would have been destroyed, or never existed, so therefore we should be happy that Yahweh was patient and armageddon hasn't come yet.

Anyone else see like 5 blaringly horrible problems with this reasoning?

#1 That will never stop being true! There will always be possible future converts or the possibility that someone bad is going to give birth to a nice person at some point in the future.

#2 If armageddon isn't going to come until EVERY possible convert has converted, then there's really no hurry. You can take all the time you want to preach, nobody is going to miss out because of it.

#3 The population of the earth in 1975 was only a little over 4 billion. Meaning only 4 billion people would have died in armageddon. Now there's almost 7 billion. So because he waited he's gonna have to kill an extra 3 billion or so people.

#4 What about all the babies that WOULD have been born in paradise if armageddon happened in 1975 but will now never get a chance to exist because god took his time? Are they worth less than the imperfect babies that MAYBE get saved when armageddon doesn't happen? (Yeah that was a coherent question, read it again!)

#5 Something else I thought of when I started this rant but now I forget.

But the worst part is: Everyone in the audience is just nodding their heads like: "oh that makes so much sense, I'm glad he's so loving and patient" but then 10 minutes later they're gonna be all like: "the end is SO close we have to go preach and save LIVES"

• White Dove
    White Dove

I thought of the new babies but in a different way.

Oh, come on! New babies are going to continue to be born. Get on with it, already!

Quit wasting your time!

Then, I realized it was just an excuse to elongate the "coming of Christ" and Armageddon.

It's never gonna come.

Just live your life and enjoy it while being good to others.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It just amazes me how witnesses accept this so eagerly on why the end has not came yet eagerly want the end to come. Lore you are so right in your logic.

• Lore
  • designs
    designs

Armageddon Delayed again-

All is clear you can now Book your Summer Vacation.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

So true. So hilarious too. I mean, why can't you be upset about it? Preaching the END is coming...then it doesn't...yet you should always live as if it is "right around the corner"...just not the corner of THIS BLOCK. LOL

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

That's going to be true no matter when the end comes. Whether it be 5 years, 10, 50 or 100. What kind of asinine logic is that?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    If the end of the world happened in 1975, then loads of people who had not yet converted or been born would have been destroyed, or never existed, so therefore we should be happy that Yahweh was patient and armageddon hasn't come yet.

And we wouldn't have understood the significance of the ten toes.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If the statues 10 toes are like mine, a few of them slightly overlap

• ziddina
    ziddina

"If Armageddon came in '75, the new ones would have died...!"

l

Really? Seriously?????

But what about all those innocent little children who have been born since 1975 - and there are a helluva lot of them, by the way - who will now be killed at Armageddon???

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit