A thought about the "imperfect men" excuse for false teachings.

by WontLeave 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Remember the type and anti type articles that were once so prevalent in the WT. Articles that I believe were written my Freddy

Well there is one such article that was never written and never will be... one which would fit the GB perfectly.... " The anti type of the religious leaders of Jesus' day"

PS On second thoughts they may have written one and applied it to the churches

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well we all should know why the religious leaders of the WT get a pass. If you can get a following to believe that you speak for God you can wield great power and influence over their lives. This is nothing new and has been practiced by the religious leaders of the Catholic church as well as the kings of countries for centuries. I just thank God and that my country's forefathers had the wisdom to separate the church from the state, but it is wisdom gotten from the bitter experience of where they came from.

Good topic, btw.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

If they are imperfect, why do they demand unquestioning obedience? Especially when their teachings are subject to change from time to time.

Bangalore

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they are going to use the "imperfect men" excuse, why require people to unquestioningly obey them? If they make a mistake and you have a million people abiding by and teaching that bad teaching, shouldn't they be quicker to respond if someone can prove (especially using their own Bible) the teaching is wrong? Mistakes are one thing, but if you are going to force people to abide by them instead of being ready to fix them, you are going to lead them into trouble.

This is like following an imperfect driver too closely. If that driver has an accident, you are almost certain to be involved. If you were a safe distance behind or run ahead upon seeing that driver is headed for trouble, you have a better chance of not getting into that accident.

• unstopableravens
  • sizemik
    sizemik

Good post wontleave . . .

Titus 1
    In fact, there are many who are rebellious people, loudmouths, and deceivers, especially some of those who are Jewish believers. [c] 11 They must be silenced because they upset entire households. They teach what they shouldn’t to make money dishonestly. 12 Someone who is one of their own prophets said, “People from Crete are always liars, wild animals, and lazy gluttons.” 13 This statement is true. Because of this, correct them firmly, so that they can be healthy in their faith. 14 They shouldn’t pay attention to Jewish myths and commands from people who reject the truth. 15 Everything is clean to those who are clean, but nothing is clean to those who are corrupt and without faith. Instead, their mind and conscience are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but they deny God by the things that they do. They are detestable, disobedient, and disqualified to do anything good.

And just WHO does this best apply to . . . ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit