JW's are so hot on their views being respected but they do not respect anyone elses!

by highdose 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

JW's face a tide of "no"s and "not interested"s everytime they go banging on the doors, surely it would have occurred to them by now that the vast majority of the public don't want to know and don't want them at their doors. but do they acknowledge or listen to this? No! regardless of wether they have priviously been told not to call or not still they come.

They claim that its because Jesus has comanded them to do so. But Jesus never went door to door did he? I seem to recall he went to the market places etc, EG places that are public were the public wouldn't mind so much being acosted. So whats their arguement for that?

What right do they have to turn up on someone private doorstep, when the person has never asked them there and has told them before that they are not interested?

• ambersun
    ambersun

I can remember being told to ignore the signs on peoples' doors saying 'No Callers, No Circulars' as this did not apply to us. We still knocked their doors and put magazines through the letter box if nobody was in.

However, it was amazing how many JWs had 'No Callers' signs on their own doors and were incensed if anyone ignored it and knocked their doors or left leaflets etc.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

they also would pick up any bad news about different religions and go on and on about it, but call every bad news about JWs apostate lies.

• highdose
    highdose

exactly! they will not listen to anything anti their own religon but will happily show everyone else that their own views are wrong!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Others should respect the views of Jehovah's Witnesses because they are a persecuted minority. On the other hand JWs don't need to respect other people's views because they don't have the truth, you see.

• alanv
    alanv

In my are there are signs saying no cold calling. In other words you don't call on someone without an invitation. Unfortunately I'm told it does not apply to religious callers

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I went to a Catholic funeral of the sister of a guy in my congregation. A bunch of Witnesses went as a show of support for this guy. We all stood at the back because we didn't want to appear obvious when the Catholics were doing all their routines of standing, sitting and kneeling. What appalled me was an elder and his smarmy wife alongside me who spent the whole time sniggering and rolling their eyes at the Catholic rites.

• luna2
    luna2

Back when I was a JW, I knew a few...a very few...JWs who showed respect for other people's beliefs. It takes a level of maturity that most witnesses don't have and don't even care to acquire. I think those people were that way because it was their innate personality despite the JW foolishness. Most witnesses are self-important fools who have convinced themselves that they don't have to follow normal rules of behavior because they are so special. Kind of like spoiled children.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They are a bunch of tirds.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Some JWs are rude and insensitive. I have attended Catholic Funerals that have high mass and sit in the back respectfully. I have had the same experience as Mr. Monroe with the eye rolling JWs during mass and it is embarassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit