My First DC 'Mentally Out'

by breakfast of champions 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

As the title indicates, the 2011 summer convention was my first one 'mentally out', and WOW! How can anyone stand this stuff? Just one for instance-

DEMONS, DEMONS EVERYWHERE: yes, EVIDENTLY after Jesus kicked Satan and his big hornets nest full of demons down to earth in 1914, they're all mean and nasty and just around every corner! Thanks Jesus!
    But seriously, I was shocked at the blatant fear tactics used at the convention. Like the Catholic church used hell to manipulate its followers, the Society loves to scare the masses back into their loving arms with Demon Fear.

Anyone else mentally out within the last year or so who has endured this fine spiritual banquet with your new set of eyes?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I plan for this to be my last DC. It was truly disturbing.

A couple of cousins have begun expressing their doubts to me.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Part of me wants to go to one where no one knows me, just to hear how stupd it sounds.

• its_me!
    its_me!

I have thought about trying to catch a day. Just to see how it all sounds since I have been away. I am almost certain that it would reinforce my decision to leave. And, I think that would be good for me. Just to see how crazy it all sounds and know that many of the teachings really don't jive with common sense. This year's sounds like an appropriate one to go to for that purpose!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Demons hide in your Pants.....Don`t wear Pants............;-)...OUTLAW

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I got to admit that this DC was really the most disturbing of them all.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

why wannaexit? was it cuz your mentally out or is it more cult like?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think it was more cult-like. I gotta start a thread on the Sunday drama. It was more of the same, yet more troubling.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

More than three years after my last meeting, I dreamed last night I went to an assembly. I was so bored I walked out.

• jam
    jam

When you are out mentally, JW,s are laughable.

My brother told me, you can not see stright because

you are under the influence of Satan. I start laughing

hysterically. He didn,t find that amusing and hung up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit