New CO Rules

by Quarterback 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I doubt the spirit of the arrangement would change much, maybe they might change the name and change how they are being reimbursed (put the financial load on one or more of the congregations directly).Maybe they toyed with the thought in their ivory towers but the matter of fact is that they need those yes-men to reinforce "good practice" in the elder bodies or they would veer off, see Menlo Park for example.

In some congregations even with the browbeating every 6 months there are major issues in the elder bodies allowing homosexuality and promiscuousness, not handing off forms correctly and missing paperwork especially if the elder body has nobody older than 50.

• munchausen
    munchausen

In response to this comment:

However I would point out that many of the first MTS (now Bible School for Single Brothers) grads became COs and we will start to see the first grads from the Couple's Bible School soon..... both of these programs are WTS-procedure based unlike Gilead.....(actually it would be a good pre-req for Gilead entrance)

Another related rumor circulating in these parts is that the Gilead School will be supplanted by the Bible School for Couples and that Gilead would be either greatly scaled back or discontinued.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I heard about that rumor months ago, and when I did a quick google search I found a topic on some long since dead exJW board saying the same thing.....seven years ago. Apparently the "end of the CO arrangement" is just some wierd apostate urban myth that continually cycles through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit