New CO Rules

by Quarterback 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

A few years past, I remember a post mentioning that this was the last period of the Circuit Overseer arrangement. Apparently, a local brother would be chosen to represent the Society, and visit the congregations.

Just wondering, because our CO hasn't announced who the new CO is, and he is suddenly retiring. Has anyone heard anything, yet?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Nothing yet. This rumor has been going around a while...

• yknot
    yknot

Still a rumor....

However I would point out that many of the first MTS (now Bible School for Single Brothers) grads became COs and we will start to see the first grads from the Couple's Bible School soon..... both of these programs are WTS-procedure based unlike Gilead.....(actually it would be a good pre-req for Gilead entrance)

Evidently was a strong committee consideration as it was whispered here and in Europe in pretty reliable circles...

Much of the rumors were consistant with creating a JW version of the Mormon Stakes provision (whose lay members are not paid).

Just a reminder.... our new arrangement of the 'Family Worship Night' is nothing more than a renamed/branded LDS 'Family Home Evening'.

Why would the WTS give a hoot about copying or consider the Mormons?......cuz according to the 2008 Pew Report on religions in the USA we kicked their Mormon heinies in converts but they whipped us on every other count (retainage of born/raised, marriages within Mormon faith, etc)

• baltar447
    baltar447

I agree, yknot, the Mormons have a better quality cult going on. Why not rip it off?

• yknot
    yknot

Also I would point out that the Farm's renovations sure look like a they are accomodating a small college or prep school.

...yall do know that BYU is the second largest private-held school in the US....

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Quarterback

A few years past, I remember a post mentioning that this was the last period of the Circuit Overseer arrangement. Apparently, a local brother would be chosen to represent the Society, and visit the congregations.

@djeggnog

Whatever it was you read about there being some "new" circuit overseer arrangement is about as true as the "new" district overseer arrangement. You would do well to ignore what it was you read (for if there existed any such arrangement, this wouldn't be common knowledge, for only those affected by it would need to know).

@djeggnog

• sizemik
    sizemik
    You would do well to ignore what it was you read (for if there existed any such arrangement, this wouldn't be common knowledge, for only those affected by it would need to know).

Yes folks . . . this would be a "top-secret" operation . . . for authorised personell . . . eyes only . . . read and destroy . . . code 3

. . . just like the flock book

LMFHAO

• Bangalore
  • blondie
    blondie

What does exist and is not a rumor is that in some circuits due to his schedule requiring a vacation (2 weeks), CO update training, 2 week pioneer school, circuit assembly, district convention, and special day assembly, the CO may only visit some congregations once a year with a substitute CO, one of the elders in the circuit visit. They can be COs that have come off the road or local brothers specifically trained to handle the administrative duties and other talks only the CO gives.

Could there be a need for more and more substitute COs and fewer brothers qualify or desire to be COs? Maybe.

• St George of England
    St George of England

We have had a substitute CO on and off for several years now.

He is and elder/pioneer in a local congregation and steps in when the regular CO is unavailable or ill. Actually he is better than most of the full time CO's.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit