Lost Fathers and Field of Dreams

by unshackled 21 Replies latest members private

• talesin
    talesin

Just realized, reading this thread, why I was so depressed this weekend. I called my dad a couple weeks ago, and he was so ... cold, hasn't spoken to me in a while. Yesterday, I was concerned about a friend of mine, and his father's day ... and as usual, not comprehending my own feelings.

I miss going out on the ocean with my dad,,, his dry wit,,, the way he 'walks softly and carries a big stick',,, him being proud of me,,, spending time down home with him, fixing plumbing, burning the grass, going back in the woods, etc.

Thanks, unshackled,,, it'll feel better now that I know what was triggering me ...

I hope you have those kids,,, you'll make a good dad.

t

• unshackled
    unshackled

Adiva: I figure being a parent as the likely most important job anyone could have in their lifetime. Guess when you get a comment like it means you've done a good job. Congrats.

talesin: Thanks for sharing those good memories of your dad. Guess that's the bright side, at least we have had good times with our dads at some point. And thanks for the vote of confidence...I look forward to giving it my best shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit