Belief is Irrelevant to Watchtower Leadership

by daniel-p 11 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

Some things never change...

“We should meekly go along with the Lord’s theocratic organization and wait for further clarification, rather than baulk at the first mention of a thought unpalatable to us and proceed to quibble and mouth our criticisms and opinions as though they were worth more than the slave’s provision of spiritual food. Theocratic ones will appreciate the Lord’s visible organization and not be so foolish as to pit against Jehovah’s channel their own human reasoning and sentiment and personal feelings.” TheWatchtower 2 January 1952 – Page 8

• carla
    carla

I have asked my jw things along this line many times through the years. I cannot wrap my head around his thinking! If you ask a jw if they are allowed to disagree with any of the teachings they will shake their head yes, yes!!! of course! we are allowed to think for ourselves! Yet they are not allowed to verbalize any disagreement.

How they can go door to door or stand up in front of the cong and 'teach' something they know to be absolutely false boggles the mind especially when claim to have such love for jah or their version of God. I then would ask my jw if he thought God would be upset by him teaching or repeating something he knows is false and he takes no personal responsiblity for anything. He puts the blame on the org. It is God's org after all..... He is unable to see the insanity of what he says.

I am not articulating this well. It makes me so crazy I feel like my head should spin all the way around just thinking about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit