Has there been any recent counsel or articles advising JW's to avoid associating with 'inactives'?

by nicolaou 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ri
    Ri

When I was a witness....I always talked to the disfellowshiped anyway...I feeling, it was not wrong if the person had not murdered someone or beat his wife or been adulturess...I never thought about pedipiles back then. BUT when I learned about the child molestors among the JWs...I quit pronto.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm trying really hard to maintain my anger about this, but it still feels so rotten to be not talking to my parents ... ... lately, I'm feeling like some kinda nutjob, cause one minute I'm so angry with them, and the next worried and in tears .....

i really hate J*h

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Since my teenage years over 40 years ago, inactive jws (inactive means not turning in time, not meeting attendance) were viewed as weak spiritually and a danger to active jws.
    "Melanie was drawn to a fellow believer who was not faring well spiritually. “I was told she needed some encouragement, so I started to associate with her,” Melanie explained. Of course, the Bible encourages Christians to “support the weak.” (1 Thessalonians 5:14) Melanie explained. Of course, the Bible encourages Christians to “support the weak.” (1 Thessalonians 5:14) But Melanie began joining her new friend at bars, where further associations led her into reproachful conduct."

This is a good example of the way the WT twists the thinking powers of its faithful followers. "Weak spiritually", "not faring well spiritually". What can it mean? Oohhh!....it means people thinking for themselves! They're a "danger to active jw's.

Sheer brainwashing, cult mind control. And as for Melanie, look what happened to her! The misguided girl ended up going to bars!

• truthlover
    truthlover

So the apostates are "mentally diseased" and now those who take the emblems must look inward as some too may be "mentally diseased" - what a crock!!! Damned if you do and damned if you don't...

• mummatron
    mummatron

Hmmm, might explain why my JW family (those who were talking to me despite my being DA'd) haven't phoned me recently...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Slimboy, I'm always surprised at my own ability to be shocked at what they put into print. That was a priceless find;

• luna2
    luna2

This stuff comes and goes in waves. One year inactive ones are "diseased" and not to be associated with, a couple years later there will be talk of getting them back to the KH and they will be issued invites to stuff. Then, a couple years later, they'll dig up all the "diseased" BS again. If you look to Jehovah's Witnesses to define Jehovah, you would think he was schizophrenic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I notice that my sister and younger brother have dropped their facebook accounts.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard
    This stuff comes and goes in waves. One year inactive ones are "diseased" and not to be associated with, a couple years later there will be talk of getting them back to the KH and they will be issued invites to stuff. Then, a couple years later, they'll dig up all the "diseased" BS again.

I think its psycological. "Punish" us and then hold out the hand of welcome, hoping we've understood.

If we haven't understood, then we go back to another cycle of punishment.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Flyinghighnow:

I notice that my sister and younger brother have dropped their facebook accounts.

I've noticed that there is a sort of urgency at the moment. The end IS very near.

Probably all the earthquakes! though my mother has started mentioning the violent storms as well. ( never seen that in the bible!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit