Gentile Times Reconsidered - Download the Book

by VM44 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I'm thinking something is wrong with this picture. The Commentary Press web site has these books for sale.

Marvin Shilmer

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Commentary Press web site has these books for sale.

At present, their site says "Sold Out". See below.

http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_gentile.html

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LWT, is it not supposed to be there?

I do not know. However, if their actual site is selling the books, I'm left to assume that the site offering the free downloads is doing so in violation of the authors' rights. I cannot think of why they would maintain two sites, one of which sells the book, the other giving it away for free.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@leavingwt,

Woe... I didn't even notice that. Good catch! Guess I should have looked closer after feeling it was unexpected to release the books so publicly...

MeanMrMustard

• VM44
    VM44

If the "commentarypress.blogspot" site is not an official blog of Commentary Press, then someone is being very sneaky!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I didn't know about the ownership issues with Gentile Times before I downloaded it. Maybe I should have looked before I leaped, but I am glad to have it. I have also transferred it onto my NOOK e-Reader so I can take it with me wherever I go. If the book is sold out, it may well be that the owners of the copyright have decided to freely distribute it via the web, or at least I hope that is the case.

I also hope that if there are no problems or challenges to this free distribution, word will spread among rank-and-file Witnesses that there is a deep, scholarly study of the cornerstone doctrine of their religion available to anyone who owns a computer or notebook, and that they should definitely take steps to examine it. I wonder if the Governing Body is aware of this latest development with respect to Carl Olof Jonson's book. If they are, will they continue their campaign of silence and hope that will keep any Witnesses from learning about the book? Or will the Society feel compelled to publicly denounce both the book and its author in some future study issue of The Watchtower? It will be interesting to see what the future will bring.

Quendi

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I don't think this is legal either. There was a case a while back where a scanned Swedish version was available on Pirate Bay with some modifications. Very naughty! That's why an official updated version of GTR is gradually being put on the Swedish page of the Christian Freedom site.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

leavingwt writes:

"At present, their site says "Sold Out"."

Commentary is sold out of hardcopies but still sells pdf downloads.

Marvin Shilmer

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Someone email commentary press and let em know. I nominate you VM44 as it's your thread and link LOL.

They can then contact the file hosting company linked from the blog and get the download links removed. (yes i know he can reupload and repost new links in 5 minutes flat, but it's a 1st step, then cease and desist, etc etc)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

OK I emailed em about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit