SIXSCREENS - what happened?

by RagingBull 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

I wish Rick and his family a quiet peace, and joy and enthusiasm for themselves, far far away from this awful society.

The WT will run it's course and one day will burn out; members will desire a better life and then search to find it.

We will understand that a river can't be pushed but it will flow at it's own pace and we will just let it.

My hope for all, during our individual metamorphosis is that, as the old dried chrysalis bursts and we struggle to emerge into the light, trembling and frightened that we look... really look and see how beautiful we are.

We are moths no more ... but have wings of freedom like a butterfly has ........ colourful and new. Seems like we need to let it all go and ...............fly.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

btt

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

All time Jeff hit it on the head.

Last conversation I had with a JW was all about apostates and the danger they 'pose".

Actually, apostates are only called apostates by WTS, I prefer to be called a 'thinker".

I have never been mentally diseased or hated the truth but found a new definition of truth and light and have been washed clean.

I hold no grudges against witnesses they are free to believe what they want it is their happiness and their right.

Over the top claims of wanting to destroy the organisation actually makes them think that they wield power and that they gotcha when in fact the majority of brothers walk away with their heads held high and more dignity than they have ever had.

No real soldier of truth hands his ammunition to the enemy for them to fire back, but they reveal truth through their exposing what is wrong not to make points but out of genuine concern.

Am I an apostate? I am a truthseeker!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Rick wants revenge in my opinion. I apologize for the far away judgement,

Please don't apologize. You really nailed it.

I live within walking distance of my local KH. If Rick harassed Memorial attenders in my neck of the woods, I would be the very first person to call him in for a religious hate crime.

His cheap vaudeville schtick just doesn't play around here. We practice tolerance (within the law, of course) for ALL believers.

And those who don't believe at all.

The focus of my aposta-work is prevention. My under-the-radar stuff does not get posted here and never will. Rick and his ilk are far too vindictive and amateur for that kind of "calling."

~Sue

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Betterdaze:

Couldn't have said it better. Recently, two younger brothers were in the service and being harrassed by another who had left.

While the "leaver" had the right to express his opinion I made it clear that the best thing to do, is to advise that you do not want to hear what they have to say and leave it. If they want to discuss the reason, which is doubtful. a mature and meaningful way would be to "discuss".

It is our right to disagree peacefully as it is theirs to preach peacefully.

kudos

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@betterdaze:

You wrote:

I live within walking distance of my local KH. If Rick harassed Memorial attenders in my neck of the woods, I would be the very first person to call him in for a religious hate crime.

Just curious: what do you consider a "religious hate crime"? I thought Rick did his protests peacefully, with banners and the like... He never did anything criminal, did he? Did I miss that somewhere? True, his protests are small (even though they are, at the same time, "world-wide"), but I don't think I could bring myself to stop him or even accuse him of a religious hate crime.

MeanMrMustard

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@OUTLAW:

LOL .. where in the world do you find these pictures?!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ricks over-the-top style has been the subject of countless threads here in recent months and have stirred no end of debate and controversy.. By far the majority of posters have objected to his tabloid and sensationalist approach . . . to absolutely no avail.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Mean Mr. Mustard: It does not matter what "I" consider religious hate crime, it's what is permissable under the law.

Hate crime is a VERY serious offense in my state (NJ), owing to the large Jewish population who sponsored much of the legislation. "We" practically wrote the book on it. The Anti-Defamation League is/was a HUGE influence.

And yes, it is freedom of speech issue but NO, you cannot stand outside a religious establishment barking at people who are peacefully attending services, ESPECIALLY when you deliberately target their "holy day(s)."

The shenanigans that Rick gets away with up in Mass., would never fly here. He'd be lead away in handcuffs. And I personally would be glad for it. Like it or not, people have a constitutional right to freely assemble for worship, period.

There are pluses and minuses to having a large, forceful, politically active Jewish population in your midst. We end up with special interest laws that apply to ALL, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. Strict religious hate crime laws are a result.

BTW, I'm less than an hour out of Manhattan, the most ethnically, religiously diverse place on the globe. Ever wonder why there were no bias attacks against Muslims in NY/NJ after 9/11? Well, there you go. The laws that progressive Jewish folks pushed for, protect the Muslims, too.

~Sue

... Here's a few:

N.J. Stat. § 2C:44-3
    Provides that a court may enhance penalty for crimes committed "with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group because of race, color, gender, handicap, religion, sexual orientation or ethnicity."

N.J. Stat. § 2A:4A-43.2
    Provide for penalty enhancement for offenses if committed by an adult would constitute bias-motivated violence and intimidation.

N.J. Stat. § 2C:33-4
    Enhances penalty for harassment offenses committed "with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group of individuals because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation or ethnicity.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Ricks over-the-top style has been the subject of countless threads here in recent months and have stirred no end of debate and controversy.. By far the majority of posters have objected to his tabloid and sensationalist approach . . . to absolutely no avail.

I wasn't aware that he was the subject of controversy here, at least more then usual. I saw a thread about some fake he interviewed that apparantly wasn't real. If that was true, in hindsight, Mr Six Screens would be an easy target due to how naked his hatred and aims are toward JW's.

Regardless, I want to be clear that I have no genuine personal emotions against Rick. I have my own reasons with what I went through as a JW to say positively that Rick's methods are absolutely wrong and counter productive, to say nothing of my own very strong opinions of the state of mind of some one who creates a website designed to scare people about JW's instead of inform the public about them, and the willingness to interview anyone with wild claims in the hopes that somehow, that will bring down JW's. (?)

Alas, I can't control anyone or make anyone think. The paradox is that the very unwillingness to think and reason in reality that dooms JW's and their leadership can also happen to a former JW with delusions of bringing them down. Exhibit 1: Six Screens.

Again, that isn't personal, but in my view, it is very much the truth of the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit