Elder on my JC Killed in Warehouse Accident!

by jookbeard 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Almost chocked on my cornflakes this morning reading the story in my local paper, not too sure how to embed the link but The Sutton Guardian.co.uk will have the story now.

Basically Dave Churchill worked for a local catering company and was moving a stack of tables with some sort of trolley and they toppled down landed on him he died 2 days later in St George's Hospital.

I'd known him most of my adult Dub life and he was an elder in my ex wifes congregation, he also gave our wedding talk, he is survived by his wife Elaine , they never had kids.

During my dissent into "apostasy" he was selected as one of the elders on my JC because he knew me but during my JC he came across and as an arrogant,self righteous,argumentative down right rude POS certainly showed characteristics that I had never experienced before and along with his "mate" on my JC another bellend named Stan Rogers started this bad cop/good cop shit on me during the 2 weekends on meetings, the other 2 on my JC chairman Geoff Woodfield and Rensford Ming showed themselves to be decent men. 3 amazing incidents have be felled these 2 men in the years that followed my JC, events that I've rarely mentioned much over the years.

Isn't Karma an amazing thing

• sizemik
    sizemik

• nugget
    nugget

It is sad a wasted life and a tragic end. I do feel sorry for his wife still stuck in a cult.

It is amazing how this religion turns people into judgemental and callous idiots I often wonder what people would be like without it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

couple of other bits of info; he was 59 and had lived in Worcester Park a suburb of London for many years , he was an elder in the Worcester Park cong, hadn't heard anything form his in years so wouldn't know what his standing was at his death. I served in the Wimbledon cong , a neighbouring cong to Worcester Park hence one of the reasons he was selected to sit on my JC

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

You realize that if the boot was on the other foot, an exjw under the tables,

they would have said that it was Jehovahs justice,

even citing the example in a study article

• snowbird
    snowbird

I know the feeling, Jookie.

The elder's wife who gave me so much grief died of cancer at a relatively young age.

Her husband married before, as we say down here, her body could turn cold.

Because of this, their only child, a son, has since rejected his dad.

I find it difficult not to rejoice over their karma.

Syl

• worried
    worried

jean-luc picard

i have to disagree with you on that one. We have often been told that Jehovah would never punish a human being in such a way.

Although it wouldn't be impossible if someone would still say it. however, they have no scritural reason to say it.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Hi worried - you're right, that's technically accurate. But I'm sure you've read in the magazines or heard in talks about the young brother who rebelled and on his first night after leaving his Christian parents home went to a bar and got stabbed, or the young sister who rebelled and started a double life and caught herpes on her first kiss with a worldly boy.

Or conversly where a bomb exploded in a kindgom hall the friends had mysteriously not sat there during the meeting, saving most from injury.

You're right, these things are not presented as direct action from God, but it's implied in a nudge nudge wink wink kind of way.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Correct.

They say it without really saying it.

Know what I'm saying?

Syl

• sizemik
    sizemik

Karma = justice = blind.

Maybe it's not about what religion we belong to or what we choose to believe . . .

Maybe Karma is a balance of how much we hurt . . . or how much we heal. We each must know when we're doing one or the other. Ray did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit