New here

by Druid 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

Glad you were never baptised.

any time I bring up my views it turns into a 5 hour phone argument

How about avoiding "your views" for awhile, and realise that mom and dad have their views, also. Just agree to disagree and talk about more pleasant things. They may feel like they are being put into a defensive mode. Look at all the investment they put into believing it...plus perhaps they feel guilty about your childhood and feel they must justify themselves to feel better.

Maybe just "drop crumbs" for awhile and hopefully your folks will eventually come to their own realization.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Druid,

Welcome to the board.

Reopened Mind

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, Druid! From another raised-in, never-baptized one here.

It's not all Easy Streets for us just because we weren't dunked into the cult, we still have JW parent(s) and Watchtower-poisoned siblings to deal with the rest of our lives. But you know that already. I wish you strength.

I suspect we'll see more of "us" here as you rassin' frassin' kids media-savvy, critical-thinking Millennials embark on adulthood. And that's a good thing.

~Sue

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! Did you finish school? Is there a chance your mntor is an undercover apostate trapped in the borg? Have you talked to his df'd son about the truth about the "truth"?

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome! Boy, that is some story. Really enjoyed it.

• Druid
    Druid

I'm still in school, I joined the military and took some time off for that (since it will pay for everything now). I doubt he is an undercover apostate, he was raised in the truth himself. I think he is just business minded and despite lacking the ability to think freely, is extremely intelligent and sees the point in things like college. I guess I find it hard to believe an undercover apostate would stay in, I mean if he was undercover wouldn't he have at least confided in me? When I asked to meet him he took backup with him. The only thing I notice about talking to him as opposed to my parents is I NEVER hear him try to quote a scripture or anything, ever. He only mentions the society to me in a conversation when it's relavent to something hes telling me, not to preach in any way, except for the time he brought the backup with him. We also seldom talk, only when one of us needs something from the other (business reference, trade advice, etc).

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Glad to hear that you're still in school. Hope you stay safe while serving in the military.

I guess I find it hard to believe an undercover apostate would stay in, I mean if he was undercover wouldn't he have at least confided in me? When I asked to meet him he took backup with him.

There are lots of undercover apostates who stay in, because they feel foced to in order to keep their families together. If he is an apostate, he's been around long enough to know better than to confide in anyone. He may have brought back up to keep himself from spilling the beans.

• Thor
    Thor

Welcome Druid!

Good for you for avoiding getting baptised

Enjoyed your story, look forward to hearing more from you.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Nicely told story Druid. Welcome

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome, druid!

I always wanted to be a tv star! ;)

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit