magazine supply reduction

by agent zero 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

yeah that's been happening here for a while. Guess what?...there's a BIG Stack of magazines in the back of our KH

• therevealer
    therevealer

billy - already the norm. Even with the year the dubs don't notice. Didn't read the last one, so this one is no different.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i remember when we stopped asking for money at the door.

it was a sign to show the world, that a non-profit corporation could continue with only donations!

only GOD's religion could do this and keep on going strong!

then they stopped feeding us at the conventions.

then they stopped hard cover books.

then they stopped building small individual halls, and built "group halls".

they charge you for the flowers at the stage at the conventions.

now they don't let you waste mags anymore.

yes it seems like they are in the red.

honestly, how often would you place and get a decent donation? RARE.

so it's mostly the R&F paying the bills now. and as the economy tightens, i bet you so does the average jw "tithe".

honestly, i would "try" to donate. but i think they only got $600 tops out of me the whole time was in.

even when i had "committed" by raising my hand to lend money to the hall restoration fund, i never really followed through.

i never rememberd to bring money to the hall with me. it just seemed weird to have to stop at a bank machine before you go to church.

maybe they should do online donations through paypal! they could even send you a reciept to get better at tax time!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Countless times the Society has asked/instructed/pleaded with publishers not to waste magazines. I guess they finally gave up trying, decided publishers can't be trusted, and took matters into their own hands.

I wonder if the circulation figure in the January magazines will be down. If so I think that will be the first time for a long while.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The Bible has been the same for thousands of years yet the WT Society has felt the need to explain it over and over again, month after month year after year. Millions of miles of paper used yearly to say pretty much the same thing they said year before. I was often embarrased leaving magazines with the public that had to do with congregational matters and were barely of intrest to us. What must they have thought when they read about disfellowshipping matters and Assembly information and when inside lingo specific to JW's was used ? But without the magazines and literature, what would there be to talk about at the meetings or during home Bible studies ? They'd have to resort to reading the Bible on it's own as it was meant to be and that just wouldn't do. There would'nt be much of a connection between NY and the local congregations.

I imagine one day, each person will just download and print the study article on a couple of sheets of paper each week or read it off a Kindle or Nook right at the meeting. There'd be so much less waste and and expense. But what would a printing corperation do with all those idle presses and Bethelites?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    maybe they should do online donations through paypal! they could even send you a reciept to get better at tax time!!

They already thought of that one! See below.

George

https://www.jwgift.org/Welcome.aspx

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This wouldn't have happened in the days when every publisher paid his magazine bill twice a month. Now there is no revenue, just a contribution to the world wide work, why would they print magazine s just to sit in a garage? The financial burden is now on the sociiety, it used to be on the bruvers. Funny, now there are less releases, less magazines, longer (less expensive) print runs now that there are 2.5 issues a month instead of 4 previously.

Now that contributions to the "world wide work" are separated from sales, why print more than the bare minimum of anything? Food at the proper time -rationed.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Print is dying.

Bangalore

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

What annoys me is how they brag about the increases and how much needs to be published to keep up with demand. CLEARLY they print FAR more than is necessary! Jeez....

• wasastar
    wasastar

How can you report 30 magazine placements if your order is only 10.

Now the placements can go up and the orders can go down. Genius

wasastar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit