Do you know of any witnesses that went to Jail/Prison? What did they do?

by Iamallcool 35 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Embezzelment and Securities Fraud sent several Orange County California Bros to the slammer...and a few more should have followed. Nice old people and a lot of families went down because of these guys.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The bottom line is.......even if Charles Manson got released and claimed conversion to the JW's, all the honchos of the congregation would love bomb him and give him all privileges as long as he got the magic number of 10 hours a month door knocking.

Being a JW is like an open bank vault for any thief/potential murderer/child molester/rapist/con-man/sociopath or whatever to ply his trade as long as he/she says what the "brothers" want to hear.

HappyDad

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I totally agree about Charles Manson.

I recall my very tightly strictured life, full of do nots. My mom and I were watching VH-! when Michael Jackson appeared and grabbed his crotch overtly and held it there. It was not a simple brushing but a calculated sexual act. We can hear about pagan this and that but he should have been rebuked immediately and publicly. The WTBTS should have had ads placed stating his behavior meant he was no Witness.

I assume the difference between Michael Jackson's crotch grabbibg and my failure to dance the twist, fearing J's wrath was currency.

Now I read about Prince. Give me a break.

Are any famous white people Witnesses? I can't think of one.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Luo Buo to, are you from that area or just quoting the article from there? I have a witness family there that I know very well in Toowoomba..just asking..

And I knew at least two brothers that went to prison for their military stand but they ended up doing office work..they got off easy apparently. They only went for about 2 years think and that was in the early 60's. When I had a son in 1963 I was so worried I would lose him in the army or some other form of military..I had a selfish happiness when they did away with the draft.

Snoozy

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Snoozy I knew the couple before they moved to Toowoomba which was about 60 miles away

Aristeas Yes he was convicted and served time Not very long though .From memory The judge said something to the effect that there were circumstances about the case the truth of which may never be known

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Let's see, I knew quite a few who went for things unrelated to the WT.

aggravated robbery

arson

check fraud

child molestation--2 of these

statutory rape

drugs

Most were reinstated while still in prison or soon after release. One will be in prison a VERY LONG TIME and I don't think has made any moves to get reinstated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit