Do you know of any witnesses that went to Jail/Prison? What did they do?

by Iamallcool 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The only JWs I read about lately going to prison are for child molestation.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yep a few.

One local brother went to jail for embezzlement...he up and disappeared, had the whole congregation worried, people out looking for him and putting up missing posters...only for him to show up later. He wasn't DF'ed and this was his 2nd time embezzling money from a company he worked for.

Another was arrested and put in prison for setting fire to his wife's house.

Another was imprisoned for child molestation.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

1.My dad(active JW at the time) spent time in jail for putting a man in a wheel chair while drunk driving

2. The ex elder creep that molested my child was convicted and sent to prison for molesting multiple victims for most likely the rest of his life.

3. An elder in my mothers congregation for some real estate scam.

4. Another elder in the Spanish congregation that met in the same KH we did for murdering his wife.

Now ask me why I went inactive???

• Farkel
    Farkel

Several of my JW friends who were about two years older than me went to prison because of (since abandoned WTS policy(tm)) during the Vietnam era. I didn't go to prison, but was convicted and sentenced to community service for two years, even though I was pioneering at the time.

I know about another JW, but not personally, who went to prison and he was a major criminal. His name was Joseph Franklin Rutherford and he used his freedoms of speech and liberty to become a traitor to the very Country which allowed him those freedoms.

Although he was not eventually "vindicated" by the Courts like the lying WT Corporation implies, his crime was vacated after the public outcry against criminals like himself subsided aftter the end of WWI.

HE was a criminal, and HE was a dub leader. Fred Franz who was personally responsible for my friends and myself having to be convicted and for them to spend far more time in prison that Rutherford spent WAS a CRIMINAL and HE was a dub leader.

"Jehovah" would never make a rule that causes people who love and worship him to go to prison and then change his mind so that other people later on who love and worship him in the future would not have to go to prison for the same reason.

The Watchtower IS a criminal because not only do they basically compel people go to prison and then later change their ever-changing rules, they don't give a shit about those lives they ruin when they are tragically wrong. If they did give a shit they would say so and apologize. They NEVER say so and apologize. Never.

Farkel

• Open mind
    Open mind

Terry Walstrom went to prison over the draft.

Here's his whole bio.

http://www.freeminds.org/stories/mylife.htm

om

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Knew a guy whowas president of a biker gang and had spent most of his life in jail. He lasted as a witness for about 2 or 3 yrs, rode his Harley to a liqour store and "convinced" them to hand over the cash via his double barrel shotgun. Cops had him within hrs. He went back to the only community he felt safe in (he was a champion power lifter), prison. Due to confessing to priors, he got life!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Child abuse, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunice_Spry

Still got another 8 years to go!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Several conscientious objectors.

I weaseled my way out of CO court by not being a permanent resident of any country that wanted me.

• wobble
    wobble

Several Conchies, one paedophile, one for fraud, he called his conviction "a technicality", yea, coz technically, you got caught.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Back in the spring, I met a South African witness who had spent several years in prison for being exactly that, a JW. I don't know if it was before he was married or not.

I met him, his wife, and their son who was about 11, maybe 12. They were all totally committed. The boy was quite scary in his determination not to let his school make him do things against his religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit