The parable of the sheep and the goats!

by TimothyT 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

Christ's brothers are 'strangers' and their identity is unknown.

YES!!! And so it behooves us to be kind to ALL... because "unbeknownst to them some ENTERTAINED ANGELS." Good lordy, I don't know how folks don't get this, can't "see" it, yet claim to "know" Christ. Know him HOW? Based on WHAT? On deciding who's a "goat"... when HE hasn't even decided that, yet ('cause he hasn't sat down on his throne TO separate the sheep from the goats, yet! He's sitting... ruling... over those who belong to him... subduing them... by TEACHING them... TO BE KIND TO ALL!)

Sorry for the caps - I get a little "zealous", but I'm not yelling, not at all.

Oh, BTW, dear Timmy and Jackals (peace to you, both!), youse two's avatars have got my poor head spinnin'. Okay, who's who? Timmy, is that you on the left (your right)?

Peace, dear ones... and really, look to the Good Samaritan. He was an Israelite, but an "enemy" of the Jews. Yet, it was Jew he helped out. That is what the "perfection" is all about. "You must be perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect." Perfect... in love.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Jackals
    Jackals

See that isn't a very cool interpretation at all..what's annoying is that they interpret it correctly and then just apply it to the completely wrong thing. What we need to do to support Christ is offer one thing: LOVE. How they can go from that to money etc. is beyond me.

Jack x

P.S. AGuest, I'm on the left :)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest, I'm on the left :)

Well, see, there you go! Why we shouldn't go around judging books by their covers. You look more like a "Timmy", Jack... and Timmy looks more like a "Jack". To me, at least. But thank you for clearing THAT up... and peace to you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thats nice Aguest! Well reasoned!

Jack and I were discussing the parable of the good samaritan before. Jesus was a keen believer in helping others who even he wasnt sent to help.

What a greta example for us all!

Jack is wearing white, Timmy is wearing blue! We went to an opera that night! Carmen! Brilliant!

Timmy xxx

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    The last 3 posts realy confused me!
    Shelby just talked the "talk" of The Ancestors, and Char left the h out of ghost.
    It's all good.

Timothy T and Snowbird

Sorry to spread confiusion all round!

I was up far too late and I was meaning to type goat.

Snowbird, ghosts would just be too surreal in this thread. Typos are my special gift!

• stapler99
    stapler99

The sheep and goats parable shows one of the most indefensible doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses, the two classes of Christians.

The JW interpretation seems to say the sheep are the other sheep, and the goats are those destroyed at Armageddon. But there is a third group, the anointed, who don't fit in. Even though the reference to the sheep "inheriting the kingdom" makes it sound like the sheep are in the new covenant, i.e. just the anointed according to JW doctrine.

Actually, the mainstream Christian interpretation is that other sheep are the Gentiles. A simple and obvious interpretation that never occured to me when I was a JW.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I loved this discussion. I will share with my family. Thanks.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Loyality to the anointed brothers is tantamount to eternal life.

Todays Daily Text:

To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.—Matt. 25:40.

He reveals why some will receive everlasting life while others will be cut off in death forever. w15 3/15 4:1, 2

First, note that Jesus is teaching by means of an illustration. Obviously, he is not talking about separating literal sheep from literal goats. Likewise, he is not saying that each individual judged to be a sheep must literally feed, clothe, nurse, or visit one of his brothers in prison. Rather, he is illustrating the attitude that the figurative sheep display toward his brothers. He describes the sheep as “righteous” because they recognize that Christ has a group of anointed brothers still on earth, and the sheep loyally support the anointed during these critical last days.

Changing doctrines about when this atrocy will take place have to be swallowed without contradiction

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/244267/judgment-sheep-goats-future-but-we-now-living-hour-judgment

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's called the laity class and virtually all Christian religions have them and this is where they the leaders all claim their power in one way or another. It's always been about power.

Look at some of the Bible writings the Jewish priests wanted people to have to come to the temple at Jerusalem so they the priests could benefit from the people's giving of food and money that the priests could take.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I suspect "the least of these my brothers" will be reinterpreted to not mean the "anointed remnant", but supporting the Governing Body. In practice, that is how it works out in the Watchtower org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit