Question for ex-Bethelites or others in the know: GB members & Bible studies

by sir82 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

And replied.

Maybe she did study with Jackson prior to his appointment to the GB; even if so, he still must have been a "Bethel Heavy" at the time. You don't go from the laundry room to the GB overnight.

It just strikes as me as so odd; what on earth was so special about her that she gets 2 prominent Bethelites to study with her?

And of course the original question from my opening post: Who vets the studies that are handed off to the Bethel heavies? What criteria do they use to determine who is worthy?

• scary21
    scary21

Thought the same.........Brothers do not study with females.....Try this in your own congregetion and report back.......LOL LOL LOL

Sherry

• blondie
    blondie

If he brought his wife with him on the study, it is possible he studied with her..........

• blondie
    blondie

My experience in several congregations that certain studies and possible studies were coordinated by the service overseer. The GB are assigned to a local congregation where their "cards" reside and they function as elders on that local BOE with some adjustments to accommodate their schedule at Bethel.

1) studies turned over by sisters/brothers who were leaving the area

2) studies that local bros/sis felt they could no longer handle

3) people who requested a study through a jw at the door, called on the phone

4) studies that moved into the territory

5) people who wrote into NY and requested studies (slips sent to the local cong elders to "assign")

I knew elders that always had studies and hardly ever went d2d because they were on the elder fast track of delegation.

• clarity
    clarity

"It just strikes as me as so odd; what on earth was so special about her that she gets 2 prominent Bethelites to study with her?"

>

Hmmm, where have I heared that before ....... oh wait a minute I'm mixing that up with someone called jr Rutherford and someone called Bonnie or was that Berta? lol

c

• aristeas
    aristeas

Just an experience and observation. When I was new and was pioneering in one cong. where the territory was extremely productive, I sometimes had so many newbies studying with me that I had to sit between 2 studying familes at KH meetings and get other friends to take some of my other students duirng meetings. The elders were upset and the one really in control suggested I turn over some of my students to them. Since they rarely went door-to-door, I told him to find his own students by going out in service like I did! He sure didn't like that, but maybe there was some custom of turning over such students that I was unaware of. Perhaps such was at work here this Behtel case, tho as I became more 'organizaitonal' and climbed the congo ladder, I think I would have heard of it . . .

For what it's worth . . .

Also, perhaps they are eager to distance themselves from the practices of JFR who never went out in the service/ministry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit