Update from Gadget

by Gadget 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

Its about a year since I was last on here so I thought I'd come and say hello and let you know how I'm doing. I think my last post was announcing that my children, Emily and Christopher, had just been born over 3 months premature.

Life has been a rollercoaster since then, Emily spent 3 1/2 months in hosptital and Christopher spent 5 months. They were very very ill for a long time, and Christopher in particular was very unstable often needing to be resuscitated several times a day until just a few weeks before he was discharged. They both have a lot of ongoing problems because of this and so I've had to leave work to become their fulltime carer. Christopher has a trachy so can't be left unattended with anyone other than me, Claire, or trained medics, as well as development delay and movement problems. He is expected to go on to develop cerebral palsy. Emily has movement problems and is effectively quadraplegic. Both are oxygen dependant and have brain injuries.

Both are vey happy babies and spend a lot of time laughing. Christopher finds every new thing he sees as hilarious, and at the minute particualarly likes watching Tom and Jerry. Emily loves her cuddles and being held.

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/news-at-a-glance/miracle-of-our-tiny-twins-1.767524?referrerPath=home/2.3307

Picture 016 - Click to view full size photo Picture 017 - Click to view full size photo

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The lil' darlings!

Positive vibes and strength to you and Claire.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Nice to make your acquaintance Paul . . . I'm new here.

WOW . . . what a road you guys have travelled.

Both are vey happy babies and spend a lot of time laughing.

Pleased the joys of parenthood are still being found.

All the best for the future for you all.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Gadget. Nice to see you.

Wow. That is a pretty tough year.

Cute kids.

Cheers

Chris

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

awww theyre soooo adorable!! dont give up, it seems you have been through alot and things have been very rough going. you have a beautiful family and congrats on being strong and taking care of them even in rough times. individuals like yourself are a rare breed. keep on truckin! there will be smoother roads ahead :)

• carla
    carla

Hi Gadget! They are beautiful! looks like you will have a difficult road ahead but also filled with joy. Will keep you all in my thoughts. Keep in touch when you have a few moments.

• Ding
    Ding

Hi Gadget!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Beautiful babies.

MAY YOU ALL BE BLESSED.

Can't wait tll Mouthy sees this.

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aw, they're beautiful!