KM article "How Will They Hear?"

by DB 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DB
    DB

Perhaps this topic has already been addressed, but at last night's service meeting we discussed an article in the Kingdom Ministry (Jan 2001) called "How Will They Hear?". It dealt with the fact that there are perhaps billions worlwide who have not yet been witnessed to. The articel mentioned that the jws "trust in Jehovah" (I guess its always the case when they have no answers) that those people, mostly concentrated in Asia (especially China and the sub-continent) will have their hearts read by God and that He will know who are righteous and who are not. Thus, they caution that such large masses of people not yet preached to is no indication that "the end" is far off.

It seems to me that this is another case of the WTBS backing themselves into a corner on time prophecies. They have been preaching the "end" at hand for over 100 years now, and there are still possibly billions that have no clue as to who the jws are. So now, it's all left up to God anyway, which makes me wonder why we in the USA and in most other countries are still calling on the same people over and over again, as if they have to hear our message repeatedly in order to be judged righteous (or not) by God. In some lands, people are being witnessed to once a week or even more. But we will never be allowed here to even cut back a little on our service. We are still expected to average 9-10 hours per month, talking with the same people time and time again.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Funny how Jehovah can read the hearts of people in China and India to see if they're worthy of being saved, but can't do it in the rest of the world.

Expatbrit

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

Isn't this what we prayed for?
    To have our territory covered??

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Why pray for the territory to be covered when it's already prophesied that the entire inhabited earth will receive the good news?

DB- They pretty much said the same thing at my meeting last night. The elder delivering this part made a comparison to the Berlin Wall. He said China might not be accesible right now but that could change in a hurry (like the "Wall" coming down).

• DIM
    DIM

hey biggs, you should have joined us over at badwillie's house....

my wife and I are still taken aback by what you said on the phone to badwillie's wife. I hope the girl who was df'd is ok, my wife says she is very emotional.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi DB: Oh yes! These kinds of short articles are a mainstay of the WTS mantra. The guilt invoked into JW thinking is unbelievable.

Kingdom Ministry (Jan 2001) called "How Will They Hear?".
    I always wondered why the WTS would go back a year to an article, if they really thought they wrote a fantastic article, or if they got writer's block and grabbed something off the shelf.

It dealt with the fact that there are perhaps billions worlwide who have not yet been witnessed to.
    Thanks Gawd! Yet, here is the guilt ... because you lazy JWs don't get off of your ass enough, billions of people are going to Die! when God rains down fire and brimstone. But the JWs do not see this.

The articel mentioned that the jws "trust in Jehovah" (I guess its always the case when they have no answers) that those people, mostly concentrated in Asia (especially China and the sub-continent) will have their hearts read by God and that He will know who are righteous and who are not.
    Even before JW days, when Catholic or Baptist or other missionaries talked about things like this ... I always wondered about the poor slobs who never got the hear the "word" ... all because of a few kilometers and some mountains and oceans, their everlasting life is destroyed. JWs fall for this too.

thus they caution that such large masses of people not yet preached to is no indication that "the end" is far off.
    Ahhh ... so if Gawd! knows everyone's hearts ... then he can jolly well apply the benefits of the ransome to them ... be done with it ... and let the JWs stay home and live a normal life ... ahhh ... but no, the end is near.

It seems to me that this is another case of the WTBS backing themselves into a corner on time prophecies.
    YEP!!! You hit it nail on the head.

They have been preaching the "end" at hand for over 100 years now, and there are still possibly billions that have no clue as to who the jws are.
    Noah preached for 120 years ... and I have little doubt that he missed the vast majority ... God could read their hearts too ... but no, he makes Noah build a great big Boat ... piss poor engineering design ... floods the whole planet and kills everything so he can get to the Demons ... while Noah shovels shit out of the Ark everyday for a year ... Oh man ... the more I look at this stuff, the more it sounds like we were hoodwinked by lunatics.

So now, it's all left up to God anyway, which makes me wonder why we in the USA and in most other countries are still calling on the same people over and over again, as if they have to hear our message repeatedly in order to be judged righteous (or not) by God.
    As JF Rutherflawed said, "Religion is a racket and a snare" ... and I agree that groups like JWs are a racket. Gte more members which brings in more money. Money buys power, buys better marketing, and brings in more people.

[quote]In some lands, people are being witnessed to once a week or even more. But we will never be allowed here to even cut back a little on our service. We are still expected to average 9-10 hours per month, talking with the same people time and time again.[/quote

YEP!!! Hey, actualy the WTS did cut back with Divinly Inspired Direction. July 1943 Wt, pg. 204-206, the Society had Direct Revelations from Jehovah (The Lord) for Publishers to put in 60 Hours a month. Anything less was rank unfaithfulness! So, today, the 9 to 10 hours is yet another loving provision from Momma to pair down Daddy's overbearing demands.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Jehovah did not spare most of the "innocent" world during Noah's flood. The Hebrews who conquered the Promised Land were not to let their eye feel sorry for people who because of their unfortunate circumstance found themselves incorrigibly embroiled into a corrupt and ungodly lifestyle which they could not divorce themselves from. Thus, we can count on Jehovah to do what is right when his time for cleansing the earth for righteousness' sake becomes manifest for faithful mankind. (Matthew 5:10;7:14)

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

Could this perchance serve to innoculate the masses for general acceptance of the new WT TV ads being trial marketed in the US Northeast, and beyond...?

"Kein Mensch muss mussen."

• Defender
    Defender

Intuit39

Could this perchance serve to innoculate the masses for general acceptance of the new WT TV ads being trial marketed in the US Northeast, and beyond...?
    Have you seen any of these ads?

It would be very interesting to see them implement this nationwide.

• joelbear
    joelbear

The question is not relevant only for Asia and the middle East. The question is also relevant for North America. My bet is that less people are familiar with Witness doctrine now than 25 years ago.

More and more people live in secured neighborhoods and apartment buildings now than when I was pioneering in the 70s. Also, with two wage earner households the old pattern of finding the wife at home, studying with her and then bringing the husband into the picture, doesn't work any more.

I would say the percentage of people earthwide being preached to by the witnesses is going down not up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit