How to destroy the validity of your own mind.

by Terry 56 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

LOL @ Snoozy, and breakfast of champions.

Terry, I agree that reality is what it is - regardless of what we do or believe about it. Your version of reality sounds just as subjective as anyone else's, mind you. Also sounds more like a philosophical answer than a straight one ;) Which is fine. You seem to be quite a philosophical man.

Peace,

Tammy

• Quentin
    Quentin

As always, thoughtful topic, thoughtful comments......by all....excuse me while I go smell the roses...now where did I put them damn glasses....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    We blur the edges of meaning and start a slippery slope FROM WHICH our mind cannot recover accuracy of thought.

That only happens when we are closed mind to the point where we believe that all we know is ALL THERE IS.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, I agree that reality is what it is - regardless of what we do or believe about it. Your version of reality sounds just as subjective as anyone else's, mind you. Also sounds more like a philosophical answer than a straight one ;) Which is fine. You seem to be quite a philosophical man.

The problem with talking about reality is that you can't. Each of us has their interpretive function going 24/7.

We start off immediately liking/not liking what we are hearing and shut off the flow. The filter kicks in.

The topic under discussion is how we destroy the VALIDITY (of our mind). That comes from the filtering and the reinterpreting and the subsequent FEELING ABOUT what we are thinking.

We have to be careful we don't distort what we are thinking about.

Think of a Crime Scene. You can damage evidence and skew the facts if you aren't very careful how you handle it.

If you find yourself NOT LIKING what you are hearing, seeing, reading----your subjective/intepretive filter has ALREADY kicked in ahead of the facts and tampered with the evidence.

We all have a right to reality. The only valid decisions we make are when we see what our choices really are.

The ability to see things clearly does not come automatically.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, we have to exist in the only reality we know as you state. It may be a construct, there maybe other realities, but I have yet to find anyone who can explain these satisfactorily, despite my own interest in it.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Terry what are your views on these kind of beliefs in the link below, basically I think what they are saying is that the mind gives birth to reality :

http://twm.co.nz/prussell.htm

just curious.

• Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit