How to destroy the validity of your own mind.

by Terry 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The standard of what is true is what is real.

Truth=reality. It would be unthinkable for something True to be unreal.

Only a poetic and imaginative "True" can be interpreted somehow in that way.

When? At the point of CONTRADICTION.

With what? With reality.

Reality is non-contradictory. It would be unthinkable for reality to contradict itself.

For example, today is Saturday, June 11, 2011. It cannot ALSO be January 3, 1983. IF you were to be convinced by anybody that such a thing

were possible you would destroy the validity of your own mind (as far as it operating logically based on reality.)

There is no BOTH.

Pay close attention!

At some point, each of us chooses.

Do you want permission to live and function irrationally (in contradiction with what is real?)?

Simply choose "both." Reality + unreality.

What is the reward/penality?

The reward of acting on reality is LIFE works.

The penalty of acting on contradiction with reality is LIFE SUCKS.

Example: Somebody convinces you to believe you can fly by flapping your arms. You jump from a high building and flap....all the way to fatal impact!

Everything is what it is, and nothing else. It is limited in its qualities and in its quantity: it is this much, and no more.

Trying to make a "not is" become "is" by BELIEVING does not and can not match reality.

Important example: Nothing can NOT exist.

If we are told God created everything out of nothing.... it means we must invalidate the reality of our mind.

So if you are to postulate something beyond existence—some supernatural realm—you must do it by openly denying reason, dispensing with definitions, proofs, arguments, and saying flatly, “To Hell with argument, I have faith.” That, of course, is a willful rejection of reason.

People do it everyday. We call them "spiritual."

1. God would necessarily be a conscious being.

2.At the point where there was nothing......... the consciousness of God would be nothing too.

3. A consciousness conscious of nothing but itself is a contradiction in terms: before it could identify itself as consciousness, it had to be conscious of

something. If that which you claim to perceive....... does not exist, what you possess is not consciousness.

The choice is yours.

When you make a choice, you make it with YOUR MIND.

If your mind is valid (matches reality) your choice will also be valid.

But, if you destroy the validity of your own mind, your choice will embrace what is contradictory to reality.

LIFE is real. Postponing life for an imagined FUTURE LIFE is the waste of your mind and a really bad trade.

Jehovah's Witnesses trade their chance at education for a Future Life.

Jehovah's Witnesses will trade their health, their friends and their own family for that FUTURE.

The happily give up everything that is REAL, that actually EXISTS for something UNreal which cannot exist.

How? Why?

They have destroyed the validity of their own mind.

This one thing will ALWAYS BE SO.....TRUTH does not contradict itself or reality.

Contradiction is a red flag. It is THE Red Flag.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

A is A

Star Tiger

• Terry
    Terry

Now we know why the Watchtower Society clings so desperately to the date NINETEEN FOURTEEN!!

The EVENT of WWI was a REAL event.

They must lie and talk out of both sides of their mouth to CLAIM anything they taught BEFORE 1914 in any way MATCHED the real event.

We provably know NOTHING MATCHED!

They continue to pretend, distort and claim the opposite of what is true.

Pastor Russell believed Jesus had ALREADY RETURNED INVISIBLY. 1914 would be ARMAGEDDON.

1914 was NOT Armageddon.

No active and believing JW in a Kingdom Hall today KNOWS or REALIZES or WILL ACKNOWLEDGE that the Society DID NOT predict ANYTHING TRUE

about 1914.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    1914 was NOT Armageddon.
    No active and believing JW in a Kingdom Hall today KNOWS or REALIZES or WILL ACKNOWLEDGE that the Society DID NOT predict ANYTHING TRUE
    about 1914.

Absolutely correct, Terry.

This week I've had (separate) conversations with three nice, apparently very sincere JW's displaying in other areas above average intelligence, who are trying hard to bring me back so I can "live" ......and I've been trying and utterly failing to get them to see the tiniest chink in the WT's false reasoning and twisted teaching.

I don't see the tiniest hope of my succeeding, but I wish I could just make them think. They won't, of course.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Is it just simple coincidence that Jesus's return, exactly coincided time-wise with the establishment

and foundational creation of the Watchtower Publishing house ? ....ummmm ?

This is a good and important point that Terry makes on how people are willing to give up a rational take on reality

for an irrational dream into the expecting future, promised to them no less by a maligning corrupt religious publishing house.

Shows how much using tactics of fear and control can go to invalidate someones rational perceived intellect.

• alias
    alias

Now we know why the Watchtower Society clings so desperately to the date NINETEEN FOURTEEN!!

The EVENT of WWI was a REAL event.

I've suspected this coinciding of events has given much weight to the 1914 doctrine. And the WTS uses this to their advantage.

alias

• moshe
    moshe

Thinking about spiritual issues/teachings leads one down a path that can drive some people mad and free others.

-The horror of Auschwitz is a stark challenge to many of the more conventional ideas of God. The remote God of the philosophers....becomes intolerable. Many Jews can no longer subscribe to the biblical idea of God who manifests himself in history, who, they say with Wiesel, died in Auschwitz. The idea of a personal God, like one of us writ large, is fraught with difficulty. If this God is omnipotent, he could have prevented the Holocaust. If he was unable to stop it, he is impotent and useless; if he could have stopped it and chose not to, he is a monster. Jews are not the only people who believe that the Holocaust put an end to conventional theology.
    Karen Armstrong, A History of God, (Ballantine Books, 1993)

• elderelite
    elderelite

Terry, While I agree with your logic, I know what a true JW would say. "bye"...

ok before that... they would point out that God wasnt "nothing" he was simply outside the physical realm and therefore not "nothing".. the "nothing" was related to the physical universe. They would also point out that god didnt create from "nothing".... that even Einstein said energy equals matter.. and that God has sufficient energy to have created all that we see using energy to matter conversion.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

@ Elderelite

I used to hear that reasoning when I was on the inside. That god created matter from his own energy, but even that is a nonsense concept. It only works if you don't understand at all what energy is. It would still imply that god is a physical being if he created the universe by exerting his own energy. From wiki

In physics, energy (Ancient Greek: ?ν?ργεια energeia "activity, operation" [ 1 ] ) is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems. [ 2 ] [ 3 ] Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.

The total energy contained in an object is identified with its mass, and energy (like mass), cannot be created or destroyed. When matter (ordinary material particles) is changed into energy (such as energy of motion, or into radiation), the mass of the system does not change through the transformation process. However, there may be mechanistic limits as to how much of the matter in an object may be changed into other types of energy and thus into work, on other systems. Energy, like mass, is a scalar physical quantity. In the International System of Units (SI), energy is measured in joules, but in many fields other units, such as kilowatt-hours and kilocalories, are customary. All of these units translate to units of work, which is always defined in terms of forces and the distances that the forces act through.

So exactly how does this supernatural god that exists outside of our universe and physical laws don't apply to him, apply his own energy to creating mass? It's a nonsense contradictory answer. However that view is more in line with spinozan deism (which is what Einstein ascribed to) that the universe itself is god. Not a concious thinking god mind you, in his day Spinoza was considered an atheist. Now he's considered a deist. But that discussion is completely beyond any witness.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I dont think I can truly comprehend the universe expanding in a space with no boundaries and as far as my every day realities it has little or no meaning in the short space of my life it makes little difference to me. However I can think about it. Everything that I think about comes about through my five senses and infinity is something that my five senses don't give me much if any information about. I dont think I can prove that I'm not being imagined by a far superior mind than my own. I therefore question my own reality.

The Bible tells me Jesus is the Truth and to me to reason on him as that and taking me out of this "reality" where nothing seems truly real. Everything I do is in time and time can be endlessly divided to infinity so when did I do it. The past and the future are beyond my reach but the now is one or the other. God on the other hand exists in heaven a totally different existence. Beyond the confines of time and space.

That's how I see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit